|Job Ref:||204614719||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Hampshire||City:||Basingstoke||Address:||Post Code:||RG21||Salary:||£40000 - £50000/annum||Post Date:||24/10/2016 11:01|
My Client is seeking to recruit an Associate or Principal Transport Planner to join their Transportation team based in Hampshire. The roles is primarily to support development planning work specialising in providing advice to private sector and some local authority clients on access and transportation issues and supporting development proposals through the planning process.
Purpose of the job;
* An emphasis on project delivery and work winning by making the most of client facing opportunities.
* To provide direct support to senior members of staff in project delivery, team management and in generating repeat and new work, primarily for residential development
* To strengthen and broaden our technical offering, actively supporting the development of more junior colleagues.
* Working on development planning consultancy assignments, ensuring a high personal technical involvement and client interface (hands on Project Management)
* Managing delivery in line with timescales, quality standards and project / fee earning utilisation
* Participating in wider technical skills development and business development environment
* Freedom to improve personal skills and develop capabilities in areas which can demonstrate value to the business Work alongside senior staff, the position will involve managing the background work required to collate Transport Assessments and providing other general advice on schemes, including through negotiations with Local Highway Authorities. It will include the use of technical tools, site investigations, research and reporting and will include client contact and a certain level of business development, as appropriate. Some project management and financial reporting experience will be required on individual projects, dependent upon the candidate's experience level, to ensure efficient use of resources and up to date invoicing.
Candidate Profile - Preferred Qualifications/Education
An experienced Associate or Principal Engineer Transport Planner with solid post graduate experience and who ideally has achieved chartered status in a transport related discipline.
Skill Strengths and Attributes
* Significant experience in delivery and management of residential, commercial and retail development projects requiring transport assessments, infrastructure improvements, traffic modelling and travel plans;
* Someone who is comfortable with overseeing project teams with limited supervision;
* Someone who is technically competent and can mentor others, sharing knowledge and best practice across the board;
* Someone who has been a practitioner in and able to mentor others in some or all of the following software platforms: ARCADY, PICADY, Junctions 8, TRICS, TEMPRO & LinSig
* An understanding of the principles underpinning micro simulation and strategic models/modelling would be beneficial.
Knowledge, Skills & Experience
* Excellent knowledge of the following aspects of development planning:
* Provision of strategic advice to clients on development investment decisions and strategies, in relation to transport and other engineering factors
* Creation of Transport Assessments (TAs)
* Appreciation of national planning and transport policy and how it relates to each stages of planning
* Application of design guides and best practice for transport planning and traffic engineering
* Preparation of evidence for Appeal Inquiry and Examinations in Public
* Provision of advice towards scheme layouts and master planning
* An understanding of sustainability principles and how it relates to the planning and transport assessment process
* Travel plan formulation and delivery
* Planning conditions discharge and Section 106.
* Consulting experience including leading and managing consultancy engagements
* Proven business development skills
* Good interpersonal skills supported by established relationships
* Ability to deliver to tight, competing and challenging deadlines
* Good people management skills, respecting team dynamics while challenging individuals
* Commercial awareness and ability to financially manage multi-disciplinary projects, leveraging the value of other specialism/disciplines within the business