|Job Ref:||204614379||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Edinburgh||Address:||Post Code:||EH3||Salary:||£32000/annum + Benefits||Post Date:||02/10/2016 02:25|
ATA Recruitment are currently recruiting for an electrically biased Maintenance Engineer to work on a public sector contract with a Top-Tier facilities management service provider with a reputation for delivering flagship projects and providing a Total Facilities management service to the end client for the lifecycle of a project.|
A fantastic opportunity has arisen within the North division of the FM business for an Electrically Biased Maintenance Engineer to work on an exciting public sector contract. This particular position requires someone with electrical qualifications to carry out reactive maintenance along with regular PPMs. This will cover mainly electrical issues from testing and fault-finding on consumer units and plantrooms right down to changing a switch or lightbulb, but also require a basic mechanical aptitude for air handling units, pressurisation, pumps, and heating. This position reports directly into the Contract Manager and will be part of the multidisciplinary maintenance team on site. You will be required to be well-presented as there will be client contact and as such adhere to all health and safety regulations.
With further contracted work on site, this is a very secure position with a highly regarded business, offering excellent career progression opportunities!
As an Electrical Maintenance Engineer your responsibilities will include:
* Dealing with all planned and reactive maintenance issues with the electrical and mechanical systems on site
* Responsibility for electrical testing and fault finding in plant rooms and switchgear
* General M&E maintenance including plugs, switches, lighting and HVAC, boilers, pumps, heat exchangers and ventilation
* Dealing with a Building Management System which will be required to find faults and diagnose problems
* Efficiently executing all reactive maintenance jobs in line with the contract agreement
The succesful candidate in this role will have:
* Must have 17th edition qualification
* Must have experience in a similar position or have a maintenance contract or within a maintenance organisation
* Formal electrical qualification (I.E City and Guilds 2391, Electrical Testing and Inspection)
* Understanding of statutory requirements including electrical safety along with general health and safety knowledge
* Excellent communication and skills
* Ability to co-ordinate different aspects of a contract successfully
* An IOSH or other H&S qualification would be beneficial but not mandatory
If you are succesful in this role you can expect a salary of £32,000 per annum plus a van and a package, a good amount of autonomy and a position within a highly regarded company with great career prospects.
If you are an experienced Engineer or are looking for your next role, please contact Jake Rowland ASAP on (Apply online only), apply online or email
All applicants must be Eligible to work in the UK