|Job Ref:||204610214||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Glasgow||Address:||Post Code:||G3||Post Date:||02/10/2016 02:23|
Our client is an established multidisciplinary engineering consultancy with offices across the UK. They are currently looking to recruit an experienced Structural Engineer to oversee the technical delivery of structural projects in their Glasgow office. The ideal candidate will have demonstrable design experience within a civil/ structural consultancy, as well as well as proven experience in technical project management, managing design teams and liaising with clients.|
Responsibilities / Accountabilities:
* Provide project direction and management of a wide variety of structural projects in the residential, leisure, healthcare, community, educational and industrial developments
* Review initial concept design and detailed technical drawings
* Liaise with clients, project teams and external consultants and coordinate responses to design team members and Local Authorities
* Preparation and of design reports at various stages for both internal and external use
* Site visits to ensure works are in compliance with design
* Prepare reports, bids and fee proposals and liaise with internal teams, clients and local authorities
* Manage and mentor more junior structural engineers
Qualifications / Experience:
* BEng or MEng in civil/ structural engineering
* SER certified would be a distinct advantage
* Chartered with a relevant professional institution (e.g. ICE/ IStructE)
* Extensive experience in the field of structural design and delivery across a range of medium to large scale projects and/or building types
* Proven experience of client liaison (e.g meetings, presentations) and key account management/ relationship development
* Experience of working with and managing project teams and, where necessary, acting as lead designer
* Ability to work to deadlines, within budget and to programme, to control costs and to effectively manage resources and change control
* Experience in the use of industry software (e.g. TEDDs, Fastrak Building Designer, S-Frame) would be beneficial
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills
The role offers excellent career progression opportunities within a friendly and professional team that is proud of the quality of the service it delivers to its clients, and a clear vision for innovation. The benefits include a competitive salary according to skills and experience, together with an excellent flexible benefits package.
For further information on this or any other related positions do not hesitate to contact Cheryl on (Apply online only) or .
Mattinson Partnership brings together recruitment expertise with hands-on experience. Through our knowledge of the industry, we are able to provide a unique and specialist service. We respect the need for absolute confidentiality and offer every assurance that your application will be handled with the highest levels of professionalism. We actively encourage applications from all sectors of the community.
For Further Information on the Mattinson Partnership visit (url removed)