|Job Ref:||204615343||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Stourport-On-Severn||Address:||Post Code:||DY13||Salary:||£30000 - £38000/annum||Post Date:||02/10/2016 02:27|
Our client are currently looking for Project Engineers to work in the West of England area. Reporting to the Area Manager for the region they will be responsible for supervising a range of installation activities on installation projects and maintenance services throughout the UK. The position will cover, but not be limited to, the following duties:
- Ensuring that all work is carried out safely, competently and effectively achieving scope, programme and budget.
- Identifying and promoting commercial opportunities.
- Actively monitoring civil engineering activities and our clients installation staff allocated to the site in order to efficiently complete projects.
- Reviewing and monitoring projects using MS Project.
- Liaison between head office, customer, sub-contractors and site based employees.
- Ensuring compliance to safety, environmental, quality and security procedures. Promote a culture of safety, quality and environmental best practice at all times by means of effective communication and site audits.
- Requisition and control project materials.
- Liaise internally and externally to ensure all targets and key milestones are met and ensure all works are carried out to company procedure.
This position may suit someone who wishes to use his or her technical and project management skills in a new career and has the ability to be flexible to travel throughout the UK and NI for extended periods of time.
*Preferable, but not essential depending on experience, an HND or degree in a relevant engineering discipline.
*Several years experience within a construction and/or electricity industry type environment with a good understanding of HV cable systems and construction/civil engineering matters.
*A high level of computer literacy.
*Proven people management skills and an ability to work unsupervised.
*Ability to prioritise workload to meet deadlines.
*A driving licence is essential.
HV Cable Experience