|Job Ref:||204615332||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Arlesey||Address:||Post Code:||SG15||Salary:||£35000 - £50000/annum||Post Date:||18/10/2016 14:09|
Responsible for developing and delivering civil engineering solutions from feasibility to detailed engineering designs for transmission networks projects (33kV and above) including access roads, supporting structures, foundations and all other associated civil works. This will include providing the necessary basic and detailed engineering specifications and designs for projects, innovation, effective technical support, advice and input throughout the lifecycle of the project.
- Advise on the development of pre-contract design and delivery of projects by leading/supporting the technical aspects of civil engineering works.
- Perform all duties with a strong emphasis on health, safety, quality and environment compliance and continuous improvement.
- Assess engineering documentation, feasibility and compliance with client requirements and support the preparation of accurate budgets for new projects. Advise on construction and outage programmes where required in relation to civil engineering works.
- Responsible for preparing basic and detailed engineering specifications and designs for concrete foundations, access roads, steel structures, drainage and buildings associated with networks transmission projects.
- Responsible for providing technical assessment of tender submissions and reporting recommendations to client.
- Define civil engineering requirements for input to System Construction Authorisation (SCA), and Project Technical Specifications.
- Preparation/Review of construction drawings and specifications for construction/procurement. Control of correspondence and drawings to be issued to the Project Delivery and Pre-Contract Teams.
- Ensure civil engineering designs and construction practices are in accordance with current legislation, policies and operational requirements.
- Lead the technical resolution of site/ construction civil engineering issues.
- Tender assessment of civil engineering works (including suppliers), support to project management on the assessment of bids.
- Provide technical support to the Pre-Contract and Project Delivery teams on matters concerning the design, construction and maintenance of civil engineering works.
- Preparation of project quality documentation following all client quality processes and provide and meet deliverables for PQP's.
- Maintain an awareness of technological advances and industry best practice. Assist with evaluation and apply 'new ideas', technical developments, new equipment and alternative-working methods to provide cost savings, efficiencies and improved safety.
- Contribute to training needs assessment for new products or standards or similar and the development and delivery of technical, construction and safety training packages.
- Liase across multi disciplinary engineering teams to provide end to end integrated solutions
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE
- Degree in Civil or Structural Engineering.
- Working towards membership of a professional institution.
- Proven experience in a responsible position and knowledge of civil engineering works required for electrical network transmission projects.
- Good inter-personal and communication skills and the ability to form effective working relationships with other individuals, departments and businesses.
- Knowledge of health & safety requirements in particular CDM and compliance
QUALIFICATIONS AND TRAINING
- Civil or Structural Engineering Degree or equivalent experience
- Proven experience in Civil/Structural Engineering
- Chartered Engineer or working towards this
- Skills in use of MS Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, AutoCAD.
- Knowledge of transmission operator, REC or DNO civil technical requirements
- A broad understanding of our client and the market the business operates in
- Knowledge of CDM regulations
- Degree qualified in a civil or structural engineering discipline or equivalent experience
- Proven experience of civil or structural engineering design