|Job Ref:||204615294||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Kent||City:||Kent||Address:||Post Code:||TN23||Salary:||£35000 - £40000/annum||Post Date:||24/10/2016 11:02|
* Establish and promote best practice in safety, health, environmental, sustainability and quality matters in conjunction with the SHESQ department.
* Advise and support Managers and Supervisors to discharge their responsibilities for the Health & Safety of employees and others to whom they have a duty as defined by Legislation and Company Procedures.
* Ensure that all personnel are aware of their statutory duties and responsibilities, and to provide advice as and when required.
* Support site management teams to ensure compliance with all requirements stipulated in the Construction Phase Health and Safety Plan and relevant procedures.
* Carry out regular inspections of sites and work places to determine whether work is being carried out in accordance with Company Policy, Procedures and the relevant Statutory Provisions.
* Carry out accident/incident investigations in accordance with the Company Accident/Incident Reporting procedure and, analysing all data, making recommendations to avoid any reoccurrences
* Collate Business Unit / Contract SHESQ statistics in a timely manner and submit to the SHESQ Manager for reporting purposes
* Review SHESQ department statistics to identify trends and areas for improvement. Develop and implement Project / SHESQ campaigns and improvement plans in agreement with the SHESQ Manager
* Assist in the preparation & review of project H&S documents including risk assessments and those of 3rd parties.
* Maintain records as necessary to ensure compliance with Legislation, Company procedures and Contract Requirements
* Provide reports, presentations and information as directed by the Business Unit / SHESQ Manager
* Carry out site inductions and other training as required.
* Support the Business Unit/ SHESQ Manager in the delivery of the client Audit Programme.
* Undertake internal Business Unit / Project audits as required.
* Providing input into pre-qualification, tender and SHESQ award submissions
* Stopping work with the agreement of the Project Manager any time SHESQ management of the works is in question
* Disseminate information issued by the SHESQ department to relevant employees.
* Participate in the work of safety committees and joint consultations affecting the workforce as required.
Qualifications and Experience:
Degree Qualified (or experience equivalent to a degree).
Graduate Member of IOSH
CSCS Card (Appropriate colour / type)
Full Clean Driving Licence
Good understanding of Health & Safety legislation relevant to the construction industry.
MS package knowledge (e.g. Outlook, Excel, Word, Visio, MS Project)
Report Writing & Presenting