|Job Ref:||204615282||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Nationwide||Address:||Salary:||£35000 - £45000/annum||Post Date:||02/10/2016 02:27|
Our client is a major player in the logistics industry and their innovative, automated warehouses hold a wide range of products and systems which offer many a challenge to product design. They are looking for a Product Safety Engineer to join their expanding team. Engineering experience and knowledge will be needed to apply standards and functional safety to help lead designers, installers and external suppliers to meet the required standards and optimal levels of safety of the product. |
You will be responsible for ensuring automated machinery, products and systems meet safety regulatory requirements appropriate to the region they are used.
As a Product Safety Engineer you will:
• Ensure products and systems meet appropriate regulatory and standards compliance.
• Provide safety engineering guidance and support to research and development teams to ensure compliance of products before market release.
• Conduct product safety evaluations and act as product safety contact for regulatory compliance information
• Review existing and emerging legislation for potential impacts and proposing compliance plans.
• Manage the compilation of technical files for global certification and regulatory compliance
• Review and prepare, as necessary, compliance reports to regulatory agencies and management.
• Interface and participate in site inspections from certification agencies
• Authorise declarations of safety compliance
• Support the development and implementation of the safety management system to cover products, systems and services
To be eligible for the Product Safety Engineer you must:
• Hold an engineering, physics or science degree.
• Be technically proficient in all areas of Mechanical and Electrical machinery safety.
• Have a proven knowledge in functional Safety and able to run SIL/Task Based/Design based risk assessments.
• Hold experience interfacing with external regulatory bodies.
• Have safety Auditing experience.
• Have experience in applying current European product safety regulations pertaining to highly automated warehouses, automated machines, robotics and embedded systems of a highly bespoke nature.
• Have experience in achieving regulatory compliance of a product or a system outside of the UK would be highly desirable.
• Have experience using functional safety verification tools and creation of functional safety reports including completion of the associated safety related risk assessment.
• Hold electrical safety experience including the ability to support electrical design engineers in the design of appropriate safety systems architecture and safety circuits , interlocks & estops circuits.
• Have mechanical safety experience including the ability to support mechanical design engineers in the design of safe systems and guarding.
• Be capable of creating software requirements for safety related software and test and validation plans.
• Have experience in the completion of EHSRs and provision of body of evidence of compliance.
The role is commutable from Luton, Stevenage, Hitchin, St. Albans, Welwyn Garden City, Hemel Hempstead, Hatfield and Watford.
The Product Safety Engineer role is a permanent position with a competitive salary working circa 40 hours per week