|Job Ref:||204612217||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Wiltshire||City:||Lyneham||Address:||Post Code:||SN15||Salary:||£35000 - £38000/annum||Post Date:||24/10/2016 10:58|
Demob Job Reference: J2633|
Job Title: Lecturer (Common Engineering Applications)
Location: Lyneham, Wiltshire
Salary: £35,000 to £38,000
Our client is one of the UK's leading support services companies, They deliver many key services including, training, design, build, manage, operate and maintaining assets, Dealing with companies both in the UK and overseas, Supplying customers in a wide variety of industry sectors including, Defence, Marine, Naval, MoD, Nuclear, Communications, Energy and Transportation. They now require a Lecturer in Common Engineering Applications, Based in Lyneham, Wiltshire, You will be responsible to deliver engineering courses up to HND level, primarily to military students.
This presents itself as an ideal opportunity to join an established company and, although not essential, could be well suited for a person who has previously served in the Armed Forces i.e. British Army, Royal Navy, Royal Air Force and held a similar Engineering training role.
- To develop, prepare and deliver lectures on course modules in the wider Common Engineering Applications Department in support of the DCTT EMTC including: the writing of lecture guides; student précis and hand outs; laboratory worksheets.
- To prepare relevant teaching material, if necessary involving Media and Graphics Department input to provide relevant Common Engineering Applications lectures and maintain personal CPD portfolio in respect of new technologies and techniques, ensuring that lecture guides and lessons are developed in accordance of the approved Course Training Plans (CTP).
- Maintain personal CPD portfolio in respect of new technologies and techniques ensuring that lecture guides and lessons are developed in accordance of the approved CTP. Act as an SME to review course content to ensure it is current and evolves to support advances in techniques and technologies using most appropriate teaching aids.
- Assessment of trainees to include: Creation of written examination and progress test papers;
- Creation of, assignments; devise and supervise projects; and monitor continuous assessments.
- Marking of examination papers, Setting and marking of course and homework, Invigilation of examination and assessments.
- Ensuring student development through monitoring, feedback appraisal, discipline and training interventions, ensuring all supporting documentation is maintained and that any special student developmental needs or program delays are flagged to the Leading Lecturer. Delivery of remedial teaching and revision as necessary.
- Student administration including course reports and student records. Attending Course Debriefs as required by your Line Manager.
- Evaluate new software programs and introduce modern learning methods into specialisation area.
- Responsibility within the Common Engineering Applications teaching areas for cleanliness, security, HSW, COSHH and environmental and engineering hygiene and ensuring that all students are fully aware of these requirements.
- Supervision of Students and Visitors to ensure full compliance with relevant H&SE & PPE requirements as required by the business, the Authority and as relevant to the teaching department, ensuring risks are adequately assessed and minimised. Ensures that the correct equipment is used for each task.
- To ensure that DSEME Standing Orders, and company Quality Management System (QMS) procedures, are understood and implemented in the course of carrying out any work tasks.
- Participation in presentations to agencies and visitors.
- Carry out duties as directed by your Line Manager.
Qualifications & Requirements:
- BSC Level 1 Working Safely.
- HND or HNC (with caveat) in a relevant engineering discipline for subjects being taught (Radar, Electronic Control, Telecommunications, or Avionic Systems). For Foundation level (L1 - L3) academic modules.
- First Degree in engineering, (Electronics, Physics) or CEng recognition in a professional institution, relevant to subjects being taught for Advanced level (L4- L7) academic modules. (at least one specialisation in Radar, Electronic control, Telecommunication, or Avionic Systems).
- Have or completed the Certificate of Education and Training Level 4, or equivalent and complete a
- Care of Trainee course.
- Supervisory experience.
- Minimum of 2 years' experience in a teaching environment.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and Outlook packages.
- Knowledge of military environment and equipment.
- Knowledge of the REME trade Structure and operational requirements.
- Membership of a relevant Professional Institution.
- £35,000 to £38,000 annual salary.
- Monday - Friday, 37 hours per week.
- 25 days holiday plus 8 stats.
- Company pension scheme.
- Opportunity to join a very reputable company.
- All applicants must have the legal right to work in the UK, subject to satisfactory enhanced DBS, security clearance and 5 years employment reference checks