|Job Ref:||204612199||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Doncaster||Address:||Post Code:||DN1||Salary:||£30000/annum||Post Date:||02/10/2016 02:24|
We are currently looking for a Quality Engineer/Technician for a permanent position within a busy manufacturing environment in Doncaster. |
The purpose of the role is to provide all aspects of quality support in any given manufacturing cell. Working closely with, and coordinating quality activities as part of a cross functional team (Manufacturing, Production Engineering, New Product Development, Sales and Marketing & Purchase). The role will also be customer facing.
• To maintain product quality and control within a given manufacturing cell.
• To ensure that all manufacturing areas are working strictly to the company QMS.
• To generate and maintain the appropriate documentation to demonstrate process and procedural control.
• To lead problem solving / continuous improvement activities using objective evidence and analysis.
• To encourage and co-ordinate a proactive team approach in dealing with day to day issues and improvement activities.
• Goods Inwards Inspection - Co-ordinate the inspection of incoming goods against the relevant drawing / standards as required. Raising non-conformance issues with their immediate line manager and recommending appropriate containment and corrective actions. To follow up SNCRs with suppliers to ensure effective close down of supplier related issues.
• Goods Out - Implement and co-ordinate quality audits of finished product (as necessary).
• Manufactured products and components - Implement and co-ordinate quality audits on manufacturing processes (as necessary).
• NCR reporting - Maintain an NCR system and provide monthly analysis of customer, supplier and internal NCRS.
• Testing - will be able to assemble and test all products to ensure conformance to quality standards.
• QMS Audits - Performing internal audits to support the internal QMS audit program.
• Calibration - ensuring that all measurement systems are calibrated and serviced according to the company calibration procedure and timetable.
• Drawing control - Working with the Technical and QA departments to aid the control of drawings in accordance with the Company Procedure including the removal of obsolete drawings and issuing of controlled drawings.
• Management and maintenance of the 'Supplier ABC classification database'.
• Sample measurement - Measuring to assess conformance to drawing/specification on supplied component items.
• Progressing quarantine product and organising agreed rework or return to supplier activities.
• Customer returns - Processing customer returns.
• To support all NPI projects and activities within the given product group.
• To support all Purchase activities within the given product group.
• To work closely with external approval / testing bodies to ensure that the products comply with the relevant standards.
• Accepts responsibility for the health and safety of themselves and others.
• Understands and follows Company safety, health & environmental and any other Company policies and procedures.
• Any other duties commensurate with the grade and nature of this position.
Knowledge and experience required;
• Experience - A working knowledge of the following :
8D / CAR writing
Process Control Plans
• Be able to use and understand standard measurement equipment associated with machining processes.
• Able to read and understand the technical drawings.
• Able to work without supervision in a professional manner