|Job Ref:||204612093||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Blackpool||Address:||Post Code:||FY3||Post Date:||24/10/2016 10:58|
Are you an experienced Senior Designer. Our client is looking to recruit several Senior Designers to join their Maritime Submarines team based on site in Barrow-in-Furness. You will be involved within designing and building the UK's next generation of Submarines to house the Nuclear Warheads, a critical part of the UK's Defence capability. |
The Senior Designer will be expected to develop and produce CAD models, drawings and other technical outputs, and influence the design of the submarines before construction begins.
This is an excellent opportunity to work on one of the UK's most complex, long term engineering projects. You will gain unique experience working in some of the country's best engineering teams, supported by a company which prides itself on the training and development it offers its staff.
Your main responsibilities as a Senior Designer - will involve:
* Developing and producing CAD models, drawings and other technical outputs consistent with the contractual requirements to meet target dates and budget demands
* Developing and drawing 2D diagrams and utilising the relevant toolset to produce designs for items such as hatches, doors, winches etc.
* Conducting 3D integration within the product model and converting steelwork information from the structural engineers into a 3D model
* Producing other technical outputs consistent with contractual requirements
* Providing and producing relevant calculations
* Producing drawing outputs from the 3D Model
* Performing self-verification of own work
* Cross checking peers and subordinates' work
* Producing process standards
Your skills and qualifications as a Senior Designer:
* HNC or equivalent qualification or experience in mechanical engineering, structural engineering or naval architecture discipline
* Design experience gained in one of the following areas: Submarines, Surface Vessels, Oil and Gas or Offshore
As a Senior Designer your main skills and experience will also ideally include:
* Experience or familiarity with FORAN package (or transferrable packages CADDS5 or Catia V5 or V6)
* Extensive CAD 2D and 3D knowledge is a key requirement for this role
Knowledge of one or more of the following:
* Main hull - Decks - Bulkheads - Tanks - Seats and mounting arrangements - Walkways / Platforms - Doors and Hatches - Compartment layouts
Security Clearance will be required for this role due to the nature of the products involved.
If interested in this role then please contact Karla Harris-Hignett at Jonathan Lee Recruitment on either (Apply online only) (DL) (Apply online only) (Mob) - or send an up-to-date WORD CV to all correspondence and conversations for the role will be treated in the strictest of confidence.
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Recruitment are those of an Employment Agency