|Job Ref:||204611802||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||London and South East||Address:||Salary:||£35000/annum £35,000 - £38,000, Company Vehicle||Post Date:||02/10/2016 02:24|
Controls Engineer - (BMS) Reference - CS7818 South East UK |
An experienced Controls Engineer with a strong background in Building Management Systems is required to join an extremely successful company in the Building Controls industry, who are facing substantial growth.
With over 20 years in the building services controls industry our client strive to provide innovative and cost effecting solutions. They pride themselves on delivering excellent customer service at all times ensuring that the level of service and product they provide exceeds their clients expectations. They design, build, install and commission their own panels allowing them to create a tailor made bespoke solution for all.
As a BMS Controls Engineer you will be responsible for both Commissioning and Service/maintenance (reactive and pre-planned) of Building Management Systems. You will have the ability to carry out modifications to existing Trend software and ability to configure the software from a "description of operation" is desirable. You will carry out pre-commissioning and commissioning on both stand-alone and Trend systems. This is a mobile position and the area this role will cover is London and the South East.
- Qualified with a HNC/ONC or equivalent in electrical engineering
- Exceptional technical knowledge of BMS, (minimum of ten years experience in the industry).
- Qualified with Trend systems (Trend expert accreditation preferred)
- Additional Qualifications with Tridium (JACE/Niagra framework) systems would be highly useful.
- Able to write strategy, software and graphics advantageous.
- Ability to build rapport with clients and offer exceptional customer service.
- CSCS /JIB registered.
- Full UK Driving Licence
You will be hardworking and committed to achieving success for both yourself and your company. You will have a flexible approach to your work and be adaptable in new ways of working. The successful applicant will have a "can do" attitude with exceptional customer care skills, taking pride in the quality of their work. Delivering service excellence is the key to this role.
- Negotiable Salary depending on experience - Between £35,000 - £38,000
- Salary based on site house 08:00 - 17:00 (1 hour for lunch)
- 25 days holiday + Bank holidays
- Company vehicle
- Mobile Phone and laptop
- Overtime available
- Company pension scheme
If this position is of interest to you please apply using the "apply now" function or call (Apply online only) for more information