|Job Ref:||204611782||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Stone||Address:||Post Code:||HP17||Post Date:||02/10/2016 02:24|
Electrical Design Engineer|
Job Title: Electrical Design Engineer
Avenues client is a leading advanced automation and real-time business intelligence company specialising in Automation, Control and IT Solutions and Services with major customers in the Nuclear, Power Generation, Utilities and Oil & Gas markets. The Company is renowned for its innovation, technical excellence, and project delivery, quality and safety.
Summary of Role:
This role is to design hardware systems mainly using proprietary hardware components for control panels and primarily focused on PLC's and safety relay logic. The client is within the nuclear industry and therefore candidates must be able to achieve security clearance to at least SC level, and possibly DV. The work will involve travel and short periods (a few days) of working at the client sites near Reading, based at our headquarters in Stone, Staffordshire.
* It is essential that candidates have excellent communication skills as client contact is likely as is interaction with other team members
* Educated at least to degree level in relevant subject or HND with additional experience of at least 4 years post graduate experience or 6 years post HND experience on successful project implementation
* Working knowledge of Autocad Electrical
* Knowledge of designing electrical control panels containing Programmable Logic Controllers (PLC's), safety relays & LV modular distribution systems incorporating fuses & MCB's
* Working knowledge of EC&I
* Able to Develop technical solutions to meet project and customer expectations
* Thorough understanding of, or working towards, BS7671 IEE 17th Edition Wiring Regs
* Confidence to work within a multidisciplinary design team
* Chartered or Incorporated Engineering status
* Ability to work in a team
* Ability to work well under pressure and to deadlines
* Flexible in their methods of working
This is an exciting opportunity to join an industry leading organisation on a permanent basis.
If you feel you have the required desire, skill-set and experience to be the next Electrical Design Engineer please apply with an up to date CV via the Link below or alternatively contact Jay Shields on (Apply online only) or email