|Job Ref:||204611738||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Contract||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Sunderland||Address:||Post Code:||CA13||Salary:||£20 - £25/hour||Post Date:||24/10/2016 10:58|
Our client a class leading Engineering subcontractor are looking to hire a mechanical design engineer on a short term contract to be based in the Sunderland area. This is an excellent opportunity for a Mechanical Design Engineer, with experience of automated machinery design, looking for a challenging automation design role within a fast paced project environment.|
Reporting to the Project Manager you will be involved in all aspects of Mechanical Engineering throughout the project lifecycle from concept to installation, ensuring that concept designs are converted to automation solutions - on time and to budget.
This role will include:
* Mechanical conception of Robotic Automation Equipment and Small, Medium and large Fixtures, Minor tooling details using 3D Modelling.
* Involvement in customer design review meetings, Detailed design, liaising with sub-contractors for the fabrication and machining of those designs.
* Providing technical guidance and support to the Installation and site teams.
* Providing support to our estimating team, providing costs and budgets from customer technical information, attending customer tenders for customer enquiries.
* Oversee the generation of manufacturing and installation drawings.
* Generation of technical specifications, reports and calculations
* Controlling and coordinating allocated projects to the agreed specification, cost and timing including customer interfacing.
* Creation of O&M manuals, Health and safety files necessary for final handover
* Assist with the Development of project scheduling requirement's, from tender through design, manufacture and installation.
* Management and supervising of sub-contractors and external suppliers
* Dealing with contract variations
* Develop draft processes & layouts at the proposal stage
Desired Skills and Qualifications:
* Proven experience of mechanical conception and design of automation equipment within the BIW process industry is essential.
* At least 5 years' experience in a mechanical engineering design office.
* Have the ability to produce high quality accurate engineering drawings in support the activities outlined above.
* Mechanical Engineering degree or equivalent is essential along with Knowledge of CAE Programs including AutoCAD, Catia v5, Inventor, Siemens MX, Vision Mock up, Solidworks.
* Have the ability to perform accurate site surveys.
* Be capable of designing bespoke equipment to resolve specific solutions.
* You must be able to come up with innovative but practical design ideas to solve engineering problems whilst at the same time meeting customer requirements, change requests and budget constraints.
* Knowledge of robot jig & fixture design, welding or handling applications would be advantageous.
* Ability to work within a multi-disciplined team.
* A good appreciation of Mechanical & electrical automotive systems would be a distinct advantage.
* Mechanical or Electrical background with relevant training certification.
* Strong knowledge of tool process, and model creation.
* Understanding of Automotive Body Welding engineering.
* Excellent communication skills at all levels.
* Strong commercial awareness.
* A confident and determined approach.
* Excellent written and oral communication skills.
* A high degree of self-motivation and drive, working independently and proactively.
* The ability to self-manage personal workloads.
* Ability to resolve problems, delegate tasks and reassign work as required.
* Excellent time management and organizational skills in a multi-tasking environment
* Able to meet deadlines and follow through on commitments
* Computer literate, Excel, Microsoft project, Microsoft word, PowerPoint & SAP.
* Full clean driving license
* Be prepared to work weekends and when required