|Job Ref:||204611711||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Chippingham||Address:||Salary:||£40000 - £45000/annum||Post Date:||02/10/2016 02:24|
Continuous Improvement Coordinator |
Salary: £40K - £45K plus excellent benefits
A local manufacturing company now requires a Continuous Improvement Coordinator to join their team.
Continuous Improvement Coordinator - Role Objective:
To drive continuous improvement in safety and operating performance by deploying a continuous improvement programme based on Lean and Six Sigma methodologies. The CI Coordinator leads the development of CI capability, delivering results through people with performance measured through data driven metrics and activities.
Continuous Improvement Coordinator - Job Purpose :
- Develop the CI strategy for the Chippenham Site in conjunction with the Site Operations Manager and execute these plans for short, medium and long term improvement.
- Develop the use of Lean Six Sigma tools including:
- 5S Workplace Organisation and visual management
- Cellular manufacturing to strive for one piece flow
- Value Stream Mapping
- Kaizen (workshops, projects and teams) to eliminate waste
- SMED, TPM, Kanban and MRS, TPI, CTR, PS techniques
- Undertake DMAIC projects to address significant, complex issues.
- Facilitate PIP (Project Identification Process) events, owning and administering the project pipeline.
- Train employees in CI tools and techniques, facilitating improvement projects and events. To include Lean Leadership and developing LSS GB/ BB capability.
- Manage and coordinate the Productivity Deck and OPIPs. Report results and progress monthly.
- As part of the senior operations team at Chippenham, contribute towards the development and performance of the operations.
- Undertake activities beyond the Chippenham Site as part of UK/ SWE region.
Continuous Improvement Coordinator - job requirements:
The ideal candidate must come from the manufacturing industry as a Continuous Improvement Coordinator. You will also have the following skills, qualifications and experience:
- Ideally hold a LSS SixSigma Black Belt or hold a LEAN Engineering Qualification
- Strong Engineering background ideally with a HNC, HNC or BEng in an Engineering Discipline
- Track record of achievement in CI.
- Experience in CI and lean manufacturing techniques and application in a large scale, high volume manufacturing/ distribution operation.
- Knowledge and application of statistical problem solving tools and DMAIC projects.
- Minimum of 5 years working experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Excellent verbal, written and presentational communication skills.
- Excellent time and project management skills.
- Effective organisational skills.
For more information please call Paul Gorton on (Apply online only).
LEAN Engineering Recruitment Ltd are acting as a 3rd party on behalf of our client. All applications will be held on our database for current and future positions.
We will endeavour to get back to all applicants but if you have not heard from LER within 10 working days then your application has been unsuccessful but please feel free to contact us for an update