|Job Ref:||2016-12480||Employer:||Golder Associates||Job Type:||Contract||Country:||Canada||County/State:||Ontario||City:||Mississauga||Address:||Post Date:||16/10/2016 05:01|
CAD Technician, Intermediate|
Job ID: 2016-12480
Area of Interest: EN - Information Management and Graphics
Job Type: Contract
# of Positions: 1
Education (Minimum): College Diploma
Posted Date: 9/9/2016
Experience (Years): 2
The Mississauga office of Golder Associates is looking for a CAD Technician to assist the professional and technical staff of the various ground engineering disciplines.
The successful candidate will be expected to:
* Work closely with the various ground engineering disciplines in providing engineering 2D and 3D drafting and design services,
* Prepare engineering plans, profiles, sections and details, for design, tender, construction and as-built drawing sets; and figures, sketches, and charts for proposals, reports and presentations,
* Reduce topographic data and survey field notes,
* Compile 3D surfaces representing various ground engineering facilities such as graded terrain, tailings depositions, haul roads, dams, berms, open pits, waste dumps, dykes, channels, and ponds,
* Calculate material quantity take-off volumes and struck level capacity volumes,
* Be responsible for product quality control with adherence to company CAD standards and procedures.
Golder is a strong advocate of the team approach to undertaking projects and problem solving. The preferred candidate will possess the following:
* A related technical diploma or degree with a minimum of 2 years related work experience,
* Practical knowledge in an efficient and production environment of the following software is essential: Civil 3D, and Microsoft Office,
* Very strong oral and written communication skills,
* Very strong organizational skills and detail-oriented,
* Good problem solver with the ability to identify alternative solutions,
* Strong sense and commitment to CAD standards and procedures,
* Ability to prioritize multiple projects/tasks and respond to the needs of several people,
* Ability to meet tight deadlines and work under pressure, and
* Practical ability and experience with the following software would be considered an asset: Surpac, GoCAD, AutoCAD Map, AutoCAD Raster Design, gINT, and MicroStation.
Regularly ranked as one of the best companies to work for.
As a global, employee-owned organisation with over 50 years of experience, Golder Associates is driven by our purpose to engineer earth's development while preserving earth's integrity. From more than 160 offices worldwide, our over 6500 employees deliver solutions that help our clients achieve their sustainable development goals by providing a wide range of independent consulting, design and construction services in our specialist areas of earth, environment and energy..
No phone calls please. We thank all the individuals who expressed interest.
Only those individuals who are selected for interviews will be contacted.