We are actively seeking to hire a Transportation Coordinator.|
- Establish requirements for accommodating of all modes of transportation as relevant during the construction and operation of the Scarborough Subway Extension;
- Key point of contact between the Scarborough Subway Extension Project and City of Toronto Transportation Services for resolution of construction-related traffic, bicycle and pedestrian access, vehicle access to properties and parking issues for the entire subway corridor, local neighbourhoods and individual properties;
- Working with Toronto Transportation Services staff, oversee design, installation and maintenance of temporary traffic signals;
- Leads resolution of transportation issues for impacted property owners and new subway buildings (construction and post-construction access, parking impacts etc.);
- Determine and secure required permits, approvals and agreements for City of Toronto Transportation Services, as required for the implementation of the Project;
- Responsible for developing traffic-related sections of the Scarborough Subway Extension design-build contract and monitoring for compliance following contract award. Responsible for developing strategy for transportation management during construction of the Scarborough Subway Extension, including consideration of lane rental schemes.
- 5 to 10 years relevant experience in traffic engineering;
- Experience in traffic management for road or urban transit construction projects required;
- Must possess sound judgment, strong negotiating skills, as well as effective written and oral communication and interpersonal skills;
- Demonstrated ability to work with multi-disciplinary teams and various stakeholders and maintain effective working relationships;
- Experience with community meetings and public consultation required;
- Previous experience in design-build projects an asset;
- NA an asset.