We are actively seeking to hire a Planning Approvals Coordinator on a part time base.|
- Lead responsibility for securing City Planning and Building Department permits and approvals required for the implementation of the Scarborough Subway Extension project;
- Determine required City Planning and Building Department permits and approvals, including submission requirements and review and approval processes and time lines;
- Provide input to the design build contract as relevant for site plan control;
- Develop and implement a strategy for risk allocation between the design-build contractor and TTC for site plan control, other City Planning and Building Department permits and approvals;
- Develop and administer agreements between TTC and the City for project staffing and compliance with agreed protocols;
- Assess the need for building permits and site plan approval applications for construction of the Project;
- Lead review of development applications (by others) for the Scarborough Subway Extension corridor on behalf of the Project.
- 10 years' experience in municipal planning;
- Must possess sound judgment, strong negotiating skills, as well as effective written and oral communication and interpersonal skills;
- Demonstrated ability to work with multi-disciplinary teams and various stakeholders and maintain effective working relationships;
- Experience with securing municipal approvals for transit infrastructure desirable;
- Previous experience in design-build projects an asset;
- MCIP, RPP an asset.