|Job Ref:||38574||Employer:||Goodrich||Industry:||Manufacturing||Country:||Canada||County/State:||Ontario||City:||Oakville||Address:||Post Date:||23/10/2016 05:06|
In this temporary assignment, you will report directly to the Focus Factory Manager - Machine Shop. As the Shop Supervisor will supervise and coordinate activities of machine shop employees on the afternoon shift. This position will ensure a safe work environment while providing training, coaching and mentoring to assist employees develop their skills.
Please note the following:
1) This is a temporary afternoon shift requirement to work as the supervisor for an undetermined timeframe (approximately 6 - 12 months).
2) The continued need for this temporary assignment will be assessed on an ongoing basis and the assignment may end at any time by giving the employee a minimum of one week notice. At the end of the assignment, the employee will return to their regular shift and position.
3) Preference will be given to applicants from department 231.
4) The temporary movement of employees will be considered based on required skills, seniority, length of temporary assignment and the business needs to ensure minimal training required and limited negative impact to schedules and production requirements.
Please note that this is a direct, working supervisor position and is on contract for 6-12 months.
• Provide day to day working leadership within the machine shop during the afternoon shift, by ensuring that safe-working procedures, good housekeeping practices and all company policies are adhered to at all times.
• Work with the team to drive continuous improvement through driver measures, open team dialogue and actively participating in Driver/ACE board meetings.
• Participate and support ACE related activities and drive ACE initiatives to support achieve of ACE silver/gold.
• Interface with appropriate support personnel (Manufacturing, Engineering, Production Control, and Inspection, in the investigation of production problems encountered in meeting schedule requirements and/or quality standards.
• Act proactively to ensure a safe work environment and promote safe work habits through formal audits and continuous contact with the shop floor.
• Act as a coach and mentor to improve employee performance and engagement.
• Resolve employee concerns by listening, analyzing and taking action.
• Conduct performance reviews, lead coaching discussions and participate in hiring activities.
• Plan and organize workloads supporting schedule, and distributing and controlling work assignments to provide for smooth flow of both priority and routine tasks to achieve economical and efficient utilization of personnel and facilities.
• Coordinate overtime and vacation planning to ensure adequate coverage during shift.
• Work with the teams to understand the need to drive continuous improvement through driver measures, open team dialogue and a bias for action; actively participate in daily Driver measure board meetings.
• Establishes lines of communication between other supervisors and cell leaders, determines the area of responsibility and follows up to ensure assignments are completed in accordance with procedures and instructions
• Assist in reviewing those problem areas that have been identified by monitoring QN's and PDS sheets and ensures proper action has been taken to correct the unfavorable occurrence
• Lead the on-going reduction of inventory and elimination of waste from the business by promoting and applying LEAN principles and daily TPM and 5-S in the shop.
• Investigate production and improvement suggestions to determine feasibility, suggest new production ideas including acquisition and commissioning of new production.
• Work with Maintenance to drive rapid closure of all daily machine issues, and identify opportunities for PM, TPM and additional support.
• Performs other duties as assigned
• College diploma/University degree or educational equivalent through relevant experience in a technical discipline would be considered an asset.
• Minimum 3 years prior leadership experience in a supervisor, lead hand or cell lead role.
• Minimum 5 years of general, diverse machining experience.
• Previous experience in a fast paced, manufacturing environment is required, and prior aerospace experience would be considered an asset.
• Demonstrated performance and leadership qualities through successful participation in company leadership activities/roles.
• Ability to work and be available for the afternoon shift (standard hours 3pm - 11pm Monday - Friday).
• Machinist Certificate of Qualification (C of Q) is preferred.
• Knowledge of applicable processes within all cells.
• Completion or working towards ACE Associate level.
• Operator Self Verification (OSV) certified.
• Must be able to relate/communicate well with people at all levels.
• Effective time management skills.
• Accepts ownership and accountability for own actions and is persistent in following through on daily plan.
• A team player with strong planning and organizational skills
• Proven mentoring skills and ability to delegate duties effectively among employees.
• Respects diversity and treats others with respect. Avoids unnecessary conflict.
• Energetic and innovative leader who shares new ideas in an effort to continuously improve the process.
• Strong knowledge of EH&S programs and policies with a passion for health and safety.
• Successful candidate must meet all requirements under ITAR and CGD.
Please answer the following questions to be considered for this position:
1) Do you have a University Degree or College Diploma or equivalent relevant experience in a technical discipline?
2) Do you have a minimum of 3 years experience in a leadership/supervisory capacity?
3) Do you have a minimum of 5 years of general diverse machining experience?
4) Are you willing to work the afternoon shift (3pm - 11pm Monday to Friday)?