Why Choose AECOM?
AECOM is a premier, fully integrated professional and technical services firm positioned to design, build, finance and operate infrastructure assets around the world for public- and private-sector clients. With nearly 100,000 employees - including architects, engineers, designers, planners, scientists and management and construction services professionals - serving clients in over 150 countries around the world, AECOM is ranked as the #1 engineering design firm by revenue in Engineering News-Record magazine's annual industry rankings, and has been recognized by Fortune magazine as a World's Most Admired Company. The firm is a leader in all of the key markets that it serves, including transportation, facilities, environmental, energy, oil and gas, water, high-rise buildings and government. AECOM provides a blend of global reach, local knowledge, innovation and technical excellence in delivering customized and creative solutions that meet the needs of clients' projects. A Fortune 500 firm, AECOM companies, including URS Corporation and Hunt Construction Group, have annual revenue of approximately $19 billion. More information on AECOM and its services can be found at NA.
About the Business Line
Our team of environment specialists offers clients expertise in air quality, impact analysis and permitting, environmental health and safety management consulting/due diligence, remediation consulting/engineering and construction/site restoration, specialty and emerging technologies, waste services and water and natural resources.
Working as a proactive member of the Remediation Practice in either Cape Town, Sandton or Centurion supporting other national offices as required.
Working under close supervision to perform routine field tasks related to projects, including monitoring of drilling and excavation activities, field work preparation and planning, ground water and surface water monitoring, basic geological analysis, data review and presentation, and assistance with report preparation and assembly.
- Initiate and develop relationships with people at all levels and across different disciplines within the organization; Ability to gain support and commitment from others in relation to project delivery.
- Collaborate with other practices and work in other areas as necessary.
- To be a trusted and dependable member of the Remediation Practice
- Clear communication with Practice Lead and Project Manager (PM) to ensure a balanced workload and that utilization targets are maintained; Comply with established quality standards in all aspects of the business and deliverables to the client; Promptly notify the PM of unanticipated delays, change of scope, and/or additional services required in regards to project delivery.
- Demonstrate commitment to H&S, administration and timely completion of timesheets.
- Demonstrate expertise to clients and colleagues and build trust by reliably meeting and exceeding commitments.
- Provide high standard written and oral communication (including meetings and presentations) in conjunction with Project Manager and Practice Lead; Build a broad working knowledge of scope of AECOM's practices, products, and services for cross selling and marketing opportunities.
- Build a knowledge of the clients' and there key business drivers.
- Have field experience working in the downstream Oil & Gas sector
- Experience in carrying out contaminated land field investigations, data interpretation and reporting;
- Develop a strong understanding of AECOM's Remediation Practices Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) and ensure best practice techniques are used in the field or on site;
- Work closely with Project Managers and other Project Scientists on the team to perform field tasks related to contaminated land and remediation projects.
- Maintain project files and field notes to allow easy access to others.
- Keep track of work schedules and project deadlines. Notify PM well in advance of peaks or troughs in schedule.
- Assist in driving project execution through planning and clear communication of expectations and timelines.
- Have well developed data reduction and report writing skills.
- Invest in professional knowledge and awareness by reading technical related material, attending relevant training courses/seminars so as to develop a sophisticated awareness of your area of expertise in its wider.
- Proactively seek billable project work.
- Follow through on commitments.
- Establish and manage effective, collaborative working relationships with other team members beyond just your base office.
- Maintain a high level of integrity (and, when required, discretion) in communications and dealings with your colleagues and clients.
- Practical Experience:
- At least 2 years relevant discipline experience.
- Ability to use Microsoft applications including Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Knowledge of specialist software like SURFER, WINLOG, ArcGIS and groundwater modelling codes would be beneficial.
- Project Coordination Skills;
- Ability to work autonomously;
- Ability to exercise judgement and make decisions;
- Ability to work in a team environment; and
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Behavioural Competencies:
- Well-developed verbal and written communications skills.
- Ability to build and maintain effective and trusting working relationships.
- Flexibility to undertake a range of complex tasks and to work the hours necessary to meet business objectives.
- Minimum of undergraduate degree in area of expertise.
- Registration as a Candidate Natural Scientist.
What We Offer
AECOM is a place where you can put your innovative thinking and business skills into high gear and work alongside other highly intelligent and motivated people. It's a place where you can apply your skills to some of the world's most challenging, interesting, and meaningful projects worldwide. It's a place that values the diversity of our areas of practice and our people. It's what makes AECOM a great place to work and grow. AECOM is an Equal Opportunity Employer.