|Job Ref:||204120573||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Devon||City:||Newton Abbot||Address:||Post Code:||TQ12||Post Date:||24/10/2016 10:50|
Senior Process Engineer|
Competitive Salary plus excellent benefits package including:-
Company Pension, Life Assurance, Company Sick Pay, subsidised canteen, on-site parking, Private Health Care, 25 days holidays plus bank holidays.
Purpose of the role:
To support production by provision of robust and cost effective engineering solutions that meet Customer requirements.
Proactively identify and develop continuous improvement opportunities across all departments; provide technical expertise to production on new product introduction and improvements to existing processes and procedures.
Carry out research into latest technological advances in order to develop innovative solutions to manufacturing and quality problems such that manufacturing efficiency and cost reduction is maximised.
Work closely with the Commercial Department and prospective customers to develop quotes for the business having due regard to engineering and manufacturing capabilities of the Company.
Duties and Responsibilities will include:
• As subject matter expert, work alongside customers to fully understand their technical requirements and quality standards and take the lead in developing cost effective and improved manufacturing processes that meet these.
• Provide advice, guidance, & leadership to Process Engineers in their recognised field of expertise and maintain a hands-on role in developing technical engineered solutions.
• Lead, develop and manage Process Engineers and Process Technicians. Manage performance; Carry out appraisals; Identify and address training & development needs; Deal with disciplinary matters arising.
• Ensure up to date knowledge and expertise is maintained in the latest technology and manufacturing processes and procedures and maximise their use for the benefit of the business.
• Lead, develop and oversee trials and analysis of new processes and procedures. Produce reports including cost benefit analysis and recommendations on how the latest technology and processes can be utilised for the benefit of the business
• Oversee the production of Works Instructions/Standard Operating Procedures in order to ensure that they are effective in meeting customer requirements and quality standards and are both cost effective and efficient in terms of manufacturing operations.
• Develop and provide appropriate training and guidance for Process Engineers, Process Technicians and Operators in application of new processes.
• Monitor equipment use and effectiveness, identify problems arising and develop effective and timely solutions using statistical process tools. Undertake TPM; monitor and evaluate gauging trends.
• Lead and facilitate teams in practical problem solving techniques utilising a PDCA approach through skills such as Pareto, Cause & Effect, 5-why, gauge R&R, SPC and control charts
You will need:
• To be able to demonstrate that you are a proven expert in a number of manufacturing techniques - of utmost importance is grinding knowledge and experience.
• Excellent communication skills, oral and written including report writing to internal and external customers
• Ability to prioritise and manage conflicting demands whilst meeting operational deadline requirements.
• Degree level qualification or equivalent in a relevant technical discipline; holding or working toward Chartered Engineer Status
• High level of skill in use of relevant application and use software in order to fulfil requirements of the role e.g. CAD, CAM, SPC and other programs
• High level of numeracy & literacy
• High level computer skills
• Proven ability in latest problem solving techniques
This is a great and exciting opportunity to join a successful company in South Devon.
South Devon offers a wonderful mix of stunning coastlines and breath-taking countryside as well as quaint villages, bustling market towns and vibrant cities, not forgetting it is also home to prestigious, successful, expanding, manufacturing companies.
South Devon's coastline is truly beautiful and is covered with soft golden sands in hidden coves, large family friendly beaches and rock poolers paradises.
South Devon's countryside stretches from the sea to Dartmoor National Park - dramatic landscapes which include beautiful green countryside, a patchwork of farmland, river valleys and wooded hills.
Job Ref: AN6332
anew South West is acting as an employment agency