|Job Ref:||204615771||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Construction||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Cheshire||City:||Chester||Address:||Post Code:||CH1||Salary:||£30000 - £40000/annum Car Allowance & Benefits Package||Post Date:||24/10/2016 11:21|
Our client - Your New Business:|
Our client is a renowned new build and refurbishment social housing Contractor operating across the Cheshire, North Wales and Merseyside regions, with stunning, standalone offices in Chester. They are an organisation with an exceptional reputation for the delivery of high wuality work - both in new build housing schemes and one-off or framework refurbishment works.
Their excellent reputation has been forged through the continuing delivery of exceptional schemes across the Cheshire and Merseyside region, and with exciting new business opportunities in North Wales (including long term new contracts and frameworks) this represents an exciting and opportune time to join a well-known contractor that's going from strength to strength.
As a Quantity Surveyor, you will be driven and ambitious, focused on maximising value across your allocated portfolio f works, which will be diverse and interesting, spanning all of the businesses focus areas.
Your duties and responsibilities as Quantity Surveyor:
* Maximise value on all projects, using negotiation skills to ensure payments are claimed on time
* Maintain contract reports and ensure internal and external stakeholders are kept up to date with project progress - including forecasting predicted spends and variations, Build and maintain strong working relationships with operational teams, directors, clients and subcontractors to ensure timely completion of projects to budget
* Procure and manage multiple subcontractor accounts as appropriate to varying construction projects, and ensure subcontractors are managed fairly and in accordance with contract terms
* Prepare, negotiate and settle final accounts
* Support the development of assistant quantity surveyor(s) where appropriate
Your skills and experience required:
You will hold an HND in Construction (or a related subject) or above qualification, although a Quantity Surveyor who demonstrates significant experience will also be considered. Ideally, you'll be comfortable with housing / social housing environments - either new build or refurbishment backgrounds are ideal, and maintenance backgrounds will also be considered. Crucially, you'll show ability to run your own project(s) of similar values, desire to maximise value, maintain relationships with subcontractors and site teams, and progress your own career.
Salary, Remuneration & other benefits on offer:
Our client is willing to offer a salary and package above market rate to secure the right individual; a package totalling up to £40k plus a car/allowance.
(If you're an ambitiouds and established assistant QS with experience of main contracting, refurbishment works or decent homes / kitchens and bathrooms then this could also represent a fantastic progression opportunity for you.)
Please get in touch today with George Lucking, Commercial Specialist on (Apply online only) / (Apply online only) for more details on opportunities available, or apply direct below with your CV.
BCUK REF: BCUK-QS_CHS
If you would like to keep up to date with up and coming construction news please follow (url removed).