|Job Ref:||204615620||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Cambridgeshire||City:||Peterborough||Address:||Post Code:||PE1||Salary:||£40000 - £47000/annum||Post Date:||03/10/2016 02:27|
Project Engineer / Manager - FMCG|
£40000 - £47000/annum Bonus, Pension, Health
Location: Peterborough area
Techsearch, part of Staffline Plc, have been connecting business with engineering talent for nearly 30 years.
Our client is a renowned FMCG manufacturing business, enjoying UK dominance and market leading status in their category sector.
A s a result of sustained business expansion, an opportunity has arisen for a Project Engineer / Manager (Engineering). You will manage the implementation of annual capital expenditure projects from initial conception to final acceptance and handover. The role includes supplier selection and organisation, financial control, technical input, and customer acceptance.
* Responsible for planning and managing projects to improve working conditions, productivity, efficiency and quality.
* Responsible for ensuring that the work carried out must be to the correct design and comply with all relevant legislation, whilst remaining within the financial constraints of the budget.
* Responsible for providing technical assistance and high-level fault finding and rectification assistance during commissioning and when required as a back up to the engineering and operations teams.
* Responsible for redesign and development work of underperforming equipment and updating to deliver improvements both in operational efficiency and safety.
Creating and developing on-going relationships with key suppliers to help facilitate lean manufacturing
* Responsible for directly managing external contractors whilst on site so as to ensure full compliance with agreed risk assessments and method statements
* University Level Qualification (Degree or similar) Desirable
* Higher Education Qualification (HND or similar) Essential
* Engineering Related Qualification Essential
* Manufacturing Related Qualification Desirable
* Project Management Qualification Desirable
This is a genuine opportunity to develop your career quickly and successfully in engineering management on a global platform