|Job Ref:||204615468||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Burgess Hill||Address:||Post Code:||RH15||Salary:||£19000 - £22000/annum||Post Date:||24/10/2016 11:16|
Are you a dedicated IT professional with the ability to deliver IT technical support services? Are you technically confident with an excellent telephone manner? As a Service Support Technician you will seek to be actively involved and in engaged in all aspects of IT Service support and service management activities.|
The role of Service Support Technician is a highly customer facing role that delivers great customer service and technical support services to both our internal and external customers. The support technician will work within a service support team alongside other technicians and a handle a myriad of support calls, all of which will need to be logged, prioritised and categorised effectively within our IT Service Management tools and databases
To ensure customer demand is managed as effectively and efficiently as possible through our IT Service desk function.
* To be proactive and technically confident in managing areas of service support and escalating service issues to the Service Support Manager and Technical Services Specialists wherever appropriate.
* To follow service management policy, procedure and where required develop our support documentation, knowledge base and processes.
* To take ownership in logging all service requests within our support desk management tools and ensure service level expectation in managed effectively in relation to priority (impact and urgency).
* To work closely with our Technical Services Specialists in support call escalation, root cause analysis and resolution completion.
* Working with and supporting different size organisations and customers with varying degrees of technical skill and ability.
* Experience of using IT service management support tools such as Hornbill support works, NetHelpdesk, Microsoft CRM and SharePoint services.
* Knowledge of ITIL best practice such as Incident, problem, change, configuration and service level management.
* To ensure all support calls are logged, categorised and documented in order to ensure we provide the best possible service to our customers.
Knowledge and Experience:
Working with support teams delivering IT technical support services.
* Understanding of IT Service management best practice such as ITIL.
* Ownership in support acknowledgement, response and resolution practices Problem Solving:
* You must have the ability to approach and solve problems in a logical and methodical manner using documented and defined process and procedure.
* You will be required to elicit pertinent and key information from our customers in relation to service incidents and will need to be very proactive and tenacious in approaching each request