|Job Ref:||204615964||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Birmingham||Address:||Post Code:||B12||Salary:||£30000/annum £30,000 PLUS BENEFITS||Post Date:||04/10/2016 02:59|
Job Title: TOOLMAKER |
Location: BIRMINGHAM, WEST MIDLANDS
Industry: AUTOMOTIVE PRESSWORK
Salary: £30,000 plus overtime, plus benefits
Commutable from: Birmingham, Tamworth, Solihull, Sutton Coldfield, Walsall, Aston
Due to continued expansion we are seeking to recruit two Toolmakers for our client who is a multi-site 1st tier automotive supplier based in Birmingham.
About The Company
We are seeking to recruit a number of Toolmakers for our client who is an award winning manufacturer of pressed and welded assemblies based in the Birmingham area. This is a challenging but rewarding role and will offer the successful candidate career progression and personal development.
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a leading 1st tier automotive company in a Toolmaker position.
To build, repair and maintain multistage progression and single stage press tools to fine tolerances, with the target of enabling them to run successfully first time in production environment, to ensure departmental downtime is kept to a minimum and new tooling is introduced on time for customer demand.
Maintain the prescribed standard of workmanship and quality to best meet the objectives of the tool room and that of the business.
* Building and developing new press tolls - progression and single stage, feeding back into designs to update and improve technical drawings and documentation.
* Producing new tools, repairs and maintenance to pre-determined standard times and estimates.
* Strip and rebuild of tools for maintenance / repair and re-grind.
* Efficient release of re-work tooling required by setters and operators for machine setting.
* Manufacture of spare parts to ensure stock levels are maintained.
* Provide tool maintenance service.
* Fully converse on multistage, single stage, draw tooling for the automotive industry.
* Competent selection of correct grinding wheels, Lathe tips and other tools.
* Die polishing and re-furbishment.
* Carry out engineering design tasks using CAD
* Movement of material using mechanical lifting devices (FLT, Cranes etc)
* Competent operations of Lathes, Millers, Grinders, Presses.
* Work within tolerances described on individual drawings.
* Care of and accurate use of measuring equipment.
* Accurate and consistent use of shadowgraph projector.
* Competent with all tool room duties.
* Maintain a safe working environment and comply with the Company H&S Policy.
* Championing the use of appropriate PPE.
* Promoting and striving to improve 5s standards.
* Undergo training in line with personal development and company objectives.
* Strong background and tool making experience in a power press manufacturing environment.
* Experience on multistage, single stage and draw tooling.
* Possess knowledge of working with steel, brass and aluminium.
* Ideally possess a time served apprenticeship.
* Appropriate craft or technical qualification.
* Competent in the operation of lathes, millers, grinders, presses, CNC machines, cylindrical and jig, spark eroders and various other standard machines.
* Knowledge of, and be able to read and understand technical drawings.
* Ability to use measuring devices such as micrometers and verniers.
* Flexible, adaptable and multi-skilled
* Good communication, planning and scheduling skills