|Job Ref:||SHC-LG-16-19150||Employer:||General Dynamics US||Country:||United States||County/State:||Michigan||City:||Detroit||Address:||Post Date:||20/10/2016 05:12|
Responsible for managing all affairs between GDLS and Suppliers/Subcontractors for various types of Purchase Orders including both fixed price and cost reimbursement.|
• Responsible for managing all affairs relative to the position of a General Procurement Production Procurement Buyer
• Analysis of Oracle system material needs
• Solicitation and preparation of Request for Quotes (RFQ's), Request for Proposals (RFP's) and Request for Information (RFI's)
• Cost analysis of proposals
• Price analysis of quotes
• Proposal fact finding
• Proposal negotiations including cost and terms and conditions
• Purchase order preparation, placement and continued administration/monitoring to assure subcontractor compliance
• Serve as focal point between the suppliers and GDLS functional departments/program offices
• Manage Quality, Design, Payment issues with subcontractors
• Coordinate "source selection" process
• Ensure GDLS compliance and applicable procurement laws and regulations
• Administer of purchase orders via communication & on-site program reviews
• Review and access all planning to assure subcontracts/purchase orders are placed within supplier lead-time
• Other duties as assigned
Supply Chain Management experience and/or equivalent work experience is required.
6-9 years of experience required in one or combination of the following disciplines 4-7 years if candidate holds an advanced degree;
• Manufacturing (all areas)
• Supply Chain Management (all areas)
• Process Engineering
• Materials Management
• Industrial Engineering
• Mechanical Engineering
Ability to use Oracle system & associated computer systems.
Occasional domestic travel
Possible international travel
Strong communication (oral & written) and problem solving skills.
Ability to negotiate.
Strong problem solving and program management skills
Ability to deal with all levels of management, both internal and external.
Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel & the Internet business applications are desired but are not mandated.
Ability to multi-task
General Dynamics Land Systems (GDLS), headquartered in Sterling Heights, Michigan is a wholly-owned business unit of General Dynamics Corporation's (NYSE:GD) Combat Systems group and is a global leader in the design, development, production, support and enhancement of tracked and wheeled military vehicles. GDLS has a 70-year defense heritage of providing a full spectrum of high quality, technically superior, high value products and services to the United States and its Allies and demonstrates the leadership, financial resources, technology and strength of more than 7500 employees who are dedicated to making the Company the World's preferred supplier of land vehicles and weapons systems. This dedication assures every shareholder, customer and the nation that the name General Dynamics will always mean Strength on Your Side.
At the heart of Land Systems' military-vehicle platforms is the Abrams main battle tank and the family of Stryker and LAV wheeled combat vehicles. These key ground-force assets remain critical to the military's structure and offer continuing opportunities for modernization and enhancements that meet the Warfighter's evolving requirements while increasing troop safety and effectiveness.
General Dynamics Land Systems is an Equal Opportunity Employer.