- The role is based in Central London and is responsible for the provision of commercial and financial modelling support to a large multi-disciplinary project team dedicated to delivering the ESMCP Project.
- Participate in and provide leadership to the commercial aspects of the development and fulfilment of contract requirements..
- Develop and maintain effective relationships with the Client and Supply Chain partners including the establishment of formal business structures.
- Identify, negotiate and ensure Client agreement of change orders, amendments etc to properly protect KBR's interests in respect of the financial and legal liability issues associated with changed scope or requirements.
- Interface with internal functions to evaluate contract compliance and consolidate and coordinate that information..
- Under general direction, provide commercial guidance critical to the performance and results of a project or success of a proposal.
- Provide guidance and support to negotiation and management of key subcontracts and to others within the Commercial Team.
- Manages the delivery of objectives by providing leadership and commercial direction to team members.
- Participate and take a leadership in the development of commercial strategy - either general or project specific.
- Prepare and present business cases for Senior Management approval.
- Compliance at all times with the Company's Code of Business Conduct.
- Willingness to constructively challenge colleagues to ensure that performance is optimised.
- Ability to readily appreciate the financial and legal implications arising from internal / external proposals and to develop and implement strategies to manage and mitigate those issues.
- Understanding and some active experience of working in project management sector.
- Familiarity with standard contract forms, (including UK Government Department arrangements).
- Management of claims both directly and using Dispute Resolution processes.
- Familiarity with basic accounting principles (UK GAAP etc).
- Relevant Professional Qualification.
Undergraduate Degree e.g. Law, Business Studies, Engineering etc
Six years post-graduation experience in a Commercial or Project Management position of which three years in a senior or supervisory position.
Experience of bid production and contract operation
Good knowledge of contract law and certain relevant contract forms, strong financial understanding, good communication skills
Experience of public sector procurement.