|Job Ref:||EMP374667||Employer:||Matchtech Group plc.||Industry:||Automotive||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||North East England||Address:||Salary:||£30 - £40/hour||Post Date:||25/10/2016 21:32|
Several exciting long term contract opportunities have arisen for experienced embedded software engineers to join a leading Automotive tier 1. Successful candidates will have proven embedded C development experience ideally in the Automotive sector.|
Embedded Software, C, UML, Automotive
Software Engineers – contract roles
- Design and development of software for real-time, safety critical embedded industrial and automotive systems.
- Interpret customer product specifications to produce software functional specifications
- Software system design and documentation.
- Functional safety analysis, design and validation.
- Coding and debugging
- Testing at all levels, particularly with experience in unit testing
- Work to company quality and national / international standards
Must have experience and skills in ALL of these areas below:-
- Real time Embedded Software Engineering
- Requirements analysis
- UML or other structured design methodologies
- Coding in C / other real-time embedded programming languages
- Verification and validation
- Experience with unit and integration testing of software.
- Experience with development of safety related software.
Desirable experience and skills:-
- Software engineering for electric motor control applications or electric/hybrid vehicle systems
- Functional safety experience to standards such as ISO26262, IEC61508, D0178B or similar.
- Experience with CASE tools (Configuration management, Requirements management, unit test tools)
- Common microcontroller architectures, (particularly Tricore Aurix).
- Excellent communication skills and able to deal with all levels of the organisation
- Must able to work alone with minimum guidance, but also be able to operate effectively as part of a team. Must be able to supervise and guide other engineers in use of automotive software and tools.
- Structured individual with good problem solving skills
Qualifications required :-
- BSc (Hons) in Computer Science / Software Engineering, BEng (Hons) in Electrical and Electronic Engineering or equivalent. 2.1 or higher grade
- Minimum 5 years relevant professional experience