|Job Ref:||EMP374683||Employer:||Matchtech Group plc.||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Essex||Address:||Salary:||£25,000 - £35,000/year||Post Date:||03/10/2016 21:34|
Our client is looking for an Environmental Advisor for their office in Essex. |
Development of impact and aspects register and environmental protection controls
• Development of impact and aspects register and environmental protection controls
• Carry out environmental legal compliance audits
• Maintain an environmental management system, develop and update policies, processes, procedures and templates
• Champion sustainability initiatives
• Represent our client while dealing with enforcement authorities
• Produce environmental reports for contract and corporate boards
• Investigate environmental incidents and near misses
• Evaluate and audit site waste management plans
• Produce and maintain contract environmental programs and annual reports
• Travel plan co-ordinator
• Identify new and/or amended legislation and assess the impact on the organisation
• Carry out environmental internal audits and develop reports and actions as appropriate
• Undertake training on environmental matters as required across the organisation
• Responsible for the delivery of the requirements of the Energy Saving Opportunity Scheme (ESOS)
• Approve incident investigation reports
• Approve environmental reports
• Approve aspects & impact assessments, environmental protection controls, inductions and other environmental related documentation.
• Report incidents to the enforcing authority and assist them with any investigations
• Approve environmental audit findings and associated corrective / preventative actions
• Advise on suitable training for employees
• Approve competency assessment in relation to environmental issues
• Environmental degree and/or IEMA qualification with a minimum of 3-5 years relevant experience in environmental management.
• Accredited audit qualifications & experience of 14001 management systems.
• Fully conversant of Microsoft office
• Good organisation skills with ability to prioritise and manage workload under stress
• Member of IEMA
• Planning & Organisation - The ability to prioritise in a logical, cost effective sequence the different facets of the work.
• Quality of Work - Consistently produces output on a ‘right first time basis’. Excellent attention to detail and ability to ensure that all output is appropriately checked and approved before issue.
• Written Communication - Ensures that all work is correctly laid out and grammatically correct. Keeps the tone of the communication neutral to avoid misunderstanding or ambiguity.
• Flexibility - The ability to adapt to changing circumstances whilst still achieving effective output. Shows a willingness to think innovatively and try new ideas.
• Self-Management - Requires little in the way of constant supervision or chasing. All tasks are completed accurately and on time. Is organised and able to move work around in order to meet revised deadlines.
• Managing Change - Able to identify the issues affecting the team and is able to foresee and minimise any adverse effects.
• Attitude - Confronts difficult issues openly and constructively and maintains confidentiality when needed.
• Team Working - Is seen as approachable, supportive and offers encouragement to other team members. Is prepared to help others out regardless of whether they are in the same team or department without seeking personal recognition.