|Job Ref:||EMP374668||Employer:||Matchtech Group plc.||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Preston||Address:||Salary:||£44/hour||Post Date:||03/10/2016 21:34|
BAE Systems require a Human Factors Engineer to provide human factors support across air sector projects with a necessary to develop understanding and knowledge of the projects and subject domains within the Human Factors Shared Service. |
The successful candidate will be involved in all phases of the lifecycle you shall have inputs to defining HF requirements, systems integration, setting up and running assessments and generating qualification evidence. Work may include human workload, situation awareness, human reliability analysis and cultural interventions.
The successful candidate will be required to perform tasks suitable to the internal level of this role. The role will contain, but will not be limited to, the following;
An exciting opportunity exists within the North West based BAE Systems Human Factors Shared Service for a Human Factors Engineer (first or second degree in ergonomics). The multi-disciplinary team provides human factors consultancy support to current Military Aircraft projects covering a diverse range of Human Factors issues applicable to military system design (e.g. Cockpit Updates, Uninhabited Air Vehicles, Organisational Performance, Product Design, etc.) and aircraft support including Human Factors integration, concept design and development, rapid prototyping, user testing and qualification.
You will be a flexible team player well versed in human factors techniques with the ability to work successfully within multi-discipline engineering teams. You will also have excellent communication and performance skills and an ability to work accurately to deadlines.
Your experience should have been gained in one or more of the following areas:
• System Concepts and Design Engineering encompassing: Requirements Capture, Functional/ Behavioural Design; Concept Definition & Trade-Off, Design Analysis, including System Safety and Hazard Analysis; Workload Prediction
• Preliminary Design Development encompassing: Design Prototyping, End User Assessment.
• Integrated Design Assessment: Formal Integrated Design Assessment
• System Test and Qualification covering: System Qualification and Verification; Test Planning Preparation and Verification.
Previous Military experience would be an advantage but is not essential.
The following will be required of the successful candidate:
- Planning and managing the performance of own work and reporting issues to line management in a timely manner;
- Demonstrate excellent communication, teamwork, and performance skills.
GOOD - Microsoft Office Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Project Skills.
ESSENTIAL - Communicational, Team Working and Motivational Skills.