Head of Engineering Performance Measurement & Improvement (m/f |
REQUISITION NUMBER: TWMA-UKDY01083902
We are currently looking to recruit a Head of Engineering Performance Measurement & Improvement
Location: Derby,UK, Crespin, France, Hennigsdorf, Germany or St Bruno, Canada
PURPOSE OF THE JOB
The role is responsible for measuring all aspects of Engineering performance in all global regions, analysing Engineering performance and identifying root causes of poor performance and opportunities for improvement. In addition the role is responsible for facilitating the changes required to effect improved Engineering performance, the achievement of benchmarked targets and for embedding a continuous improvement mind-set across engineering.
The role will be responsible for generating and providing to the business accurate and appropriate Engineering performance data in a timely manner that will allow informed decisions to be taken. The role is not solely a reporting role, rather one that will act decisively and appropriately in response to the needs of the business and informed by high quality data.
- Provide day to day operational management of the WMA EPM&I team and provide direction to EPM&I teams in all other regions.
- Develop and maintain a performance measurement framework related to Engineering operations globally and advise performance benchmarks and targets.
- Identify performance improvement opportunities, develop change initiatives to improve performance and drive and assist in implementation of the initiatives.
- Provide data and other inputs to support WMA Engineering function decisions.
- Act as a change agent.
- Establish and maintain the performance management framework of the Engineering function globally.
- Establish key Engineering QCD performance metrics.
- Establish key performance benchmarks and targets aligned to business objectives.
- Establish Engineering control room (virtual) to visualise operational performance.
- Report performance to appropriate management forums accurately and in a timely manner and support any issue investigation as deemed necessary.
- Develop and deploy Engineering financial management processes, tools, documentation and reporting.
- Analyse Engineering performance and provide direction and assistance to Engineering to improve performance, driving a min 5% year-on-year improvement in efficiency.
- Identify areas where performance improvement can be achieved and develop, in collaboration with other stakeholders if necessary, improvement initiatives.
- Drive and assist in the planning, implementation and management of performance initiatives, measuring results.
- Select best practice activities across all regions and other sectors and introduce to other regions.
- Provide operational day-today management for the WMA EPM&I team and coordinate with EPM&I teams in other regions.
- Masters' Degree in an engineering, science, business or management discipline
- Lean Six sigma black belt
- Broad understanding of all Engineering disciplines as they apply to product development in a platform/product engine environment and engineering project management along with general commercial understanding of business
- Knowledge of performance management in an engineering environment.
- Knowledge of continuous improvement and lean engineering with a track record of implementation resulting in increased productivity.
- Experience in the development, production and maintenance of key operational (Engineering and Product) KPIs.
- Ability to present to and influence senior level business leaders.
- Strong problem solving skills, numerate, systematic and analytical, with experience in PPS, 8D, DMAIC, TRIZ or similar disciplines.
- Experience working and managing cross-functionally in large, dispersed global function
- Experience setting up performance teams offshore for a platform/product engine organisation.
- Cultural awareness needed to perform global remit, with previous experience working with teams located in far East, such as India.
- Effective change agent.