|Job Ref:||1618140||Employer:||Tyco||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Country:||United States||County/State:||North Carolina||City:||Monroe||Address:||Post Date:||25/10/2016 22:12|
COMPANY OVERVIEW |
Johnson Controls (NYSE: JCI) is a global diversified technology and multi industrial leader serving a wide range of customers in more than 150 countries. Our 117,000 employees create intelligent buildings, efficient energy solutions, integrated infrastructure and next generation transportation systems that work seamlessly together to deliver on the promise of smart cities and communities. Our commitment to sustainability dates back to our roots in 1885, with the invention of the first electric room thermostat. We are committed to helping our customers win and creating greater value for all of our stakeholders through strategic focus on our buildings and energy growth platforms. For additional information, please visit NA or follow us @johnsoncontrols on Twitter.
BUSINESS UNIT OVERVIEW
Here at Scott Safety located in Monroe, NC, we have mapped a very strong future in Flame and Gas Detection and are poised to enjoy significant growth. As a result, we are looking for top-notch Early Career Talent to join the team and make a significant contribution to our growing R&D Engineering Team!
The Johnson Controls Engineering Development Program (EDP) is a two -year program designed to help top engineering talent develop their technical skills through two rotational assignments across the engineering organization. During each assignment, EDP engineers participate in technical, leadership and on-the-job training. Participants will also be involved with projects and initiatives that directly impact our strategic operations and business growth. This position requires the ability to relocate for assignment rotation.
• Design and oversee build of mechanical components and systems.
• Develop test methods to ensure product meets or exceeds customer requirements.
• Perform tests and / or coordinate with Monroe Engineering Test Lab or other test labs.
• Conduct failure analysis and provide detailed report and recommendations to the respective engineering discipline.
• Talented Senior pursuing BS degree in Mechanical Engineering
• Minimum 3.0 cumulative GPA.
• Possess a strong willingness to learn a discipline where previous experience is lacking.
• Capable of producing mechanical designs, FEA and model simulations, and interpret results and make conclusions to improve the design. Familiarity with AutoDesk, Inventor, and ProE are a plus. Also experience with CFD is a plus.
• Ability to analyze material interfaces and be able to draw conclusions pertaining key elements / aspects which would impact the life of a system.
• Able to define environmental test specification and lead the testing, data collection, and interpret results, and provide data-driven recommendations.
• Hands-on contributor and team player.
• Self-motivated and drives for results.
• Possesses a sincere passion for learning, staying current with fast moving technologies, and dabbles with technical hobbies in his/her spare time.
• Ideally the candidate will develop mechanical portions of a test platform to interface with sensors and transmitters in our flame and gas detection devices. The candidate will also write product test specification to verify the embedded system under test and evaluate the results in the form of change recommendations.
• The position has the opportunity and responsibility to provide technical leadership for test and verification throughout the design and validation phases. This key position will work closely with R&D Engineering, Reliability Test Engineering, and Strategic Sourcing (component manufacturing) to produce high quality products with design for manufacturing and test principles applied.
• Subsequent assignments will include next-generation new product development in our both our gas and flame detection and firefighting solutions programs. This will provide the candidate the opportunity to work with highly experienced product development engineering and management teams, creating world-class products that save people’s lives every day.
• The candidate will use and learn various design skills including mechanical component design to meet certain component and product specifications, gain experience using AutoDesk and ProE, learn the overall engineering process, product test and validation, design and release to manufacturing, and on-going support activities. Especially with our manufacturing operations plant located in the same building just a walk away, coupled with an on-site program management office, the candidate has unique exposure to all elements of engineering and manufacturing.
ABOUT JCI’S CAREER OPPORTUNITIES
During your assignment with JCI, you may have a variety of developmental opportunities in addition to your work assignments, such as, roundtable discussions with senior leaders to skill-building workshops, networking events, and community activities. No matter what your assignment, you will be presented with exceptional opportunities that help you explore diverse career paths! For more information on our company, a list of other career opportunities, or to create a profile you can visit us at NA