Johnson Controls is a global diversified technology and multi industrial leader serving a wide range of customers in more than 150 countries. Our 117,000 employees create intelligent buildings, efficient energy solutions, integrated infrastructure and next generation transportation systems that work seamlessly together to deliver on the promise of smart cities and communities. Our commitment to sustainability dates back to our roots in 1885, with the invention of the first electric room thermostat. We are committed to helping our customers win and creating greater value for all of our stakeholders through strategic focus on our buildings and energy growth platforms. |
Renewal Champion / Contract Administrator - SimplexGrinnell (Lenexa, KS)
About the role :
Rewards and benefits
- Manage monthly service contract renewal list in Sales Force
- Execute contract renewal Customer Service Verification calls
- Upload leads in Sales Force
- Create new Contract Renewal Proposals, as necessary
- Customer Master Maintenance – identify changes needed and enter into Casewise system
- Preventative Maintenance Agreement maintenance – identify needed changes and submit to Central Contract Administration via PMA modification process
- Initiate contract termination requests uncovered during renewal process
- Retrieve copies of active contracts for customers and sales groups
- Forward service agreements for DOA when needed
- Input/Correct estimated hours to complete service inspections during the service contract renewal process
We’ll expect a lot from you, but we’ll also make sure we recognize and reward your contribution. And we’ll always do everything we can to help you achieve a healthy work-life balance. Wherever you join us, you’ll find we have a range of benefits and rewards designed to help you be at your best both in work and out of it.
Who we’re looking for:
- Associate’s Degree, Certification or proven equivalent professional administrative experience.
- 2 years of experience in contract administration or in a related area preferred.
- Applicant should have knowledge of commonly used concepts, practices, and procedures within the construction field.
- Effective writing skills, teamwork, legal compliance, understanding of contracts desired.
- Experience in Fire and Security or Construction industry a plus.
- Strong PC literacy, advanced skills in Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, or PowerPoint
- A strong work ethic and ability to communicate effectively with upper management.
- Ability to navigate through matrix organization and multi-task, problem-solve, and adapt to change in a fast-paced dynamic environment.
- Customer service mindset and high interpersonal savvy and approachability.
- Consistent pleasant and professional demeanor toward all levels of team members.
- Ability to complete assigned tasks with a minimum of guidance and oversight.
- Ability to prioritize multiple tasks.
- Must be able pass a pre-employment background and drug screening.