Hourly Rate Bands £10.01 - £11.00 Salaried/Hourly-Paid Hourly-Paid |
A Domestic Assistant is required to perform cleaning duties within healthcare premises in Poole, BH12 ensuring that the department is cleaned to the highest standards in line with health and safety regulations.
You will be required to work Saturday and Sunday 4.30pm to 7.30pm for 6 hours per week.
- Providing the highest level of cleaning service within your area of responsibility in line with the clients' specifications.
- Responding positively, politely and promptly to all client requirements and carry out your duties in a professional and courteous manner.
- Ensuring all stocks are replenished in your area of responsibility where required e.g. hand towels, soap, toilet rolls etc where needed. Delivery of consumables and linen.
- Ensuring regular checks are carried out to the equipment/machines used during hours of work and all the equipment is left clean and in good working order at the end of your shift, reporting any defects to your Line Manager.
- Using such equipment as necessary to provide the service e.g. vacuum cleaners, mopping systems (wet and dry), scrubber dryer's etc. Making yourself familiar with and follow all company procedures and regulations.
- Adhere to the cleaning schedule and ensure cleaning tasks are carried out in a safe and timely manner.
- Carry out periodic cleaning according to the required programme provided including shower head cleaning, removing casings from fans and cleaning .
- Only to use the chemicals that have been instructed by your Line Manager in the correct manner.
- Maintain confidentiality and observe data protection and associated guidelines where appropriate.
- Ensure the cleanliness and tidiness of the unit at all times as is reasonably practical.
- Flush through infrequently used taps.
- Assist where necessary with removal and distribution of linen.
- Some basic food/beverage preparation may be required.
Knowledge skills & experience
- Previous experience in a similar role.
- Educated to a good standard.
- Good knowledge of Health and Safety.
- Good understanding of the English Language.
- Working knowledge of a hospital environment is preferred but full training will be provided.
- BICs training desirable.
- Excellent communication and organisational skills with strong attention to detail.
- Reliable and responsible with a flexible approach to work.
- Ability to work independently and use initiative, while being part of a team.
- Customer focused with proven customer care skill.
- Positive and professional manner and attitude at all times.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Excellent time-keeping.
- Ability to build up good relationships with staff at all levels, especially internal customers.
About the company
Interserve's vision is to redefine the future for people and places. We are one of the world's foremost support services and construction companies, operating in the public and private sectors in the UK and internationally. We offer advice, design, construction, equipment, facilities management and front-line public services. Interserve is based in the UK and is listed in the FTSE 250 index. We have gross revenue of £3.6 billion and a workforce of over 80,000 people worldwide.