Vacancy has expired
|Job Ref:||00015995||Employer:||Oxy||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United States||County/State:||Texas||City:||Houston||Address:||Post Date:||04/10/2016 01:03|
Occidental Petroleum Corporation (NYSE: OXY) is an international oil and gas exploration and production company, and its OxyChem subsidiary is a major North American chemical manufacturer. We are one of the largest U.S. oil and gas companies, based on equity market capitalization, with more than 40,000 employees and contractors worldwide. |
Our greatest asset has been and will continue to be our people. We are looking for an experienced and motivated individual to fill the position of Regulatory Accountant based in Houston, TX.
This person's responsibilities include:
• Timely and accurate reporting of oil & gas lease production and sales data for purposes of compliance with royalty and tax reporting regulations.
• Monthly reconciliation of tax, royalty and pre-paid accounts. Perform monthly volume & value trend analysis and provide explanation for exceptions.
• Developing a good working knowledge of oil & gas production, revenue settlement, and general ledger accounting concepts and reporting regulations and requirements.
• Communicating, in a professional manner to customers both internal and external.
• The set up and maintenance of lease information in both internal and external systems. *LI-YN1
• Bachelor's Degree in Accounting or related field (min 21 hours of accounting credit)
• 1 - 2 years Accounting experience (Oil & Gas Preferred)
• Excellent fundamental accounting skills; hands on experience with general ledger reconciliations
• Must be able to manage multiple tasks and meet short deadlines
• Must demonstrate initiative and interact effectively with others in a team environment
• Must communicate effectively (oral and written) with internal & external clients
• Excellent Excel spreadsheet experience
• Fluctuations in workloads will require some overtime
• Oil & Gas Revenue and/or Regulatory accounting experience
• Oracle Financial, P2ES, PGAS, TOW, and/or TIPS software application experience
• Oracle Discoverer query tool experience
Oxy is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Individual with Disability/Veteran Status