Requisition ID: |
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Support development of course curriculum and syllabus to conform to Bechtel welding standards - this includes, and is not limited to: Development of daily lesson plans, training program (classroom and lab training), course material, content, program structure, test tracking and standards.
- Implement and oversee weld tests/assessments for prospective program participants
- Provide classroom training and hands on shop testing/evaluation
- Prepare and provide all lecture, laboratory and clinical instruction according to defined curriculum
- Follow course outlines, objectives, and evaluation mechanisms for the program
- Maintain a lesson plan of daily instructional events
- Serve on committees (e.g., curriculum development, retention, etc.) as assigned, based upon expertise
- Monitor student attendance/retention and document as required by the administration
- Grading assignments, discuss graded assignments with students, and assigning final grades for all students in a timely manner
- Responsible for reporting program and performance evaluations to management.
- Advise students as it relates to school policies, satisfactory performance, etc. Communication with management regarding issues with compliance to these policies
- Monitor & maintain all equipment and supply inventory in locked facilities
- Maintain professional expertise (faculty development) to meet accreditation standards by attending educational seminars in professional field, reading current literature, attending online courses, etc.
- Attend all scheduled mandatory meetings set by the cooperate office
TECHNICAL SKILLS REQUIRED:
- Expert knowledge in blueprint/isometric reading, welding safety practices, welding codes and industry standards.
- Shielded Metal Arc Welding (SMAW): Expert in various weld positions (2G/3G/4G)
- Combo Pipe Welding Processes: Gas Tungsten Arc Welding (GTAW) and Shielded Metal Arc Welding (SMAW). Expert in various weld positions (2G/5G/6G)
- Stainless Steel Welding Processes: Gas Tungsten Arc Welding (GTAW). Expert in various weld positions (2G/5G/6G)
- 7 years minimum welding experience
- 2 years minimum instructor training experience required
- Pass a Bechtel Welder Performance Qualification Test
- 2G, 3G, & 4G Structural Steel Plate Test
- 2" Sch. 160 Coupon - GTAW / ER309 -Full Weld out in the 6G position
- 6" Sch. 80 - GTAW/CS (Root / Hot Pass) and SMAW (Fill & Cap) in the 6G position.
- Computer knowledge (Word and Excel)
- Preference given for an active teaching certificate or CWI
Work includes field inspections and the physical ability to conduct field inspections which require the following activities: extensive walking in and around a construction site, climbing ladders, climbing scaffolding, working on elevated platforms, working on uneven surfaces and working in small or confined spaces. Some lifting may be required. Must have the ability to walk into and out of the project (enter/egress). Must be able to use appropriate standard issued Personal Protection Equipment (PPE) required for each assigned task (i.e. harness, life vest, lift buckets, etc.)
BOPS Guidelines include the minimum time that you need to be in your current position before applying to a new position. Please refer to the Guidelines and ensure you meet the minimum requirements.
Shaping tomorrow together
Bechtel is among the most respected engineering, project management, and construction companies in the world. We stand apart for our ability to get the job done right-no matter how big, how complex, or how remote. Bechtel operates through four global business units that specialize in infrastructure; mining and metals; nuclear, security and environmental; and oil, gas, and chemicals. Since its founding in 1898, Bechtel has worked on more than 25,000 projects in 160 countries on all seven continents. Today, our 53,000 colleagues team with customers, partners, and suppliers on diverse projects in nearly 40 countries.
An Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without
regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected
veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.