Vacancy has expired
|Job Ref:||CA_38262||Employer:||Carillion plc||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Hyde||Address:||Post Code:||SP6||Post Date:||06/10/2016 01:03|
Purpose of Role
The caretaker will be responsible for providing caretaking and minor maintenance within the school. You will work as part of a team to an agreed shift pattern to ensure premises and grounds support across the year.
• Be responsible for the cleaning of designated areas (e.g. litter bins, gutters, gullies and traps, removing graffiti) and for monitoring cleaning staff
• Be responsible for carrying out cleaning duties when there is a temporary reduction in staff
• Support energy conservation measures
• Be responsible for monitoring energy usage
• Check the operation of the fire system on a regular basis, as directed by the PPM system
• Be responsible for noting and reporting repairs requirements
• Undertake minor maintenance tasks (e.g. changing light bulbs and strips, fuses, plugs, unblocking drains, minor joinery etc)
• De-ash Bio Mass boilers as required
• Move furniture and equipment (in keeping with manual handling guidance)
• Replenish janitorial supplies across the school
• Supervise the movements of vehicles in the school grounds, assist with the unloading of delivery vehicles and distribution of goods within the school
• Ensure good working relationships
• Responsibility for securing of the building, respond to callouts and make appropriate emergency arrangements as required
• Be responsible for the opening and closing of the premises (including gates) and the activation/de-activation of security alarms
• Open and close the premises when lettings occur and ensure lettings areas are clean and furniture arranged as required
• Liaise with the maintenance contractors (including grounds maintenance), monitor their activities and report any concerns to the Site Manager
• Monitor the observance of H&S policies and procedures in the school with regard to the school building and grounds and assist with risk assessment.
• Ensure debris, leaves, snow and ice are cleared to avoid potential hazards and ensure safe access to all areas of the school
• Assist in ordering, storing and keeping secure school cleaning and maintenance supplies
• Undertake any other reasonable duties as requested by your line manager
• Annual Leave must be taken during the School Holiday period
• You will contribute to the school’s overall achievements of its objectives.
• Comply with school and local authority policies and procedures relating to child protection, H&S, data protection, equal opportunities, resource management and employment
• Maintain school, student and staff confidentially
• Contribute to the overall ethos, aims and reputation of the school
• Support the development of a Virtual Learning
Environment, the Specialist college and other key priorities identified in the current School development plan
• Undertake training and development as required and use your own expertise to assist, where appropriate and necessary, with the training and development of fellow employees.
Additional Role Information
This is a 40 hour week Caretaking role working within the Tameside Area based at Shirley House in Hyde.
Initially the hours are 07:00 to 09:00 and 16:00 to 19:00, Monday to Friday with the remaining hours worked at other sites within the Tameside area .
These start and finish times may be varied to accommodate business needs and you will be advised by your manager of any local hours of working applicable to your post/location.
You are expected to work flexibly in your role and carry out additional or alternative duties from time to time as necessary to meet the Company’s needs, provided such duties fall within your competencies and skills base.
You will have responsibility for the very high standard of caretaking and general cleanliness across the site, you will also be expected to cover holidays and sickness within the Tameside area. To be involved in maintenance where applicable, porterage and grounds maintenance