|Job Ref:||204616431||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Edinburgh||Address:||Post Code:||EH3||Post Date:||04/10/2016 03:08|
On behalf of client, a leading defence organisation based in Edinburgh, I am pleased to present the opportunity for a Lead Safety Engineer to work on a permanent basis. |
The role will involve defining project safety requirements and providing guidance to IPTs on product safety issues.
The role will be based in Edinburgh and primarily targeted at products for fixed wing and rotary wing platforms in the civil and military aviation domains, requiring the successful applicant to be fully conversant with standards including DEF-STAN 00-055 and DEF-STAN 00-056.
You'll be responsible for:
* The full software lifecycle from requirements analysis; through design, coding and unit test; to Definition of Product Safety requirements derived from legislation, Customer requirements, Company requirements and emergent properties of the design.
* Provision of technical support to product and other legislative compliance issues, including EMC.
* Degree in an appropriate discipline (must include Electrical and Electronic Engineering).
* Experience in the key process activities performed by Systems Engineers and how product safety fits into them.
* Knowledge of how to tailor process associated with super-system capability issues across a broad range of system developments to suit specific project/contract needs.
Ideally you will come from a defence or aerospace background although all experience will be considered.
In return, you will be offered an extremely competitive salary and an opportunity to make your mark with a clearly defined career path in a forward thinking organisation.
*** Please note this role requires UK defence security clearance to SC level as a minimum, you must be SC clearable to apply for this role ***
View our latest jobs today on our website and follow us on Facebook, Twitter & LinkedIn
JAM Recruitment is acting as an employment business with regards to this position