|Job Ref:||204616537||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Contract||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Stockport||Address:||Post Code:||SK1||Salary:||£37.00 - £40.00/hour||Post Date:||04/10/2016 03:08|
About the role...|
Structural Engineer - Responsible for the design, calculations and management of civil engineering on client projects. As part of a Structural Engineer's day to day duties, they will work closely with the client and the design project team to ensure that projects and designs meet both the clients' requirements and the relevant engineering legislations to be structurally safe, secure and functional.
About the applicant
Ideally candidates will have a Civil or Structural Engineering Degree with relevant work experience and good all-round communication skills. Experience with overland pipelines, external works, drainage and knowledge of UK design codes will be an essential prerequisite. Similarly experience in the use of AutoCAD or other related modelling or design software will be a major advantage.
Successful candidates will display a sound knowledge of the latest CDM regulations along with material use and suitability (such as masonry, concrete, steel, timber). A solid understanding of the commercial aspects of projects and project work would be beneficial too.
As Structural Engineer you will be responsible for the preparation of structural design's and design calculations. This will include, liaising with clients and other construction professionals throughout the design and construction process. As well as;
- Developing detailed civil engineering designs.
- Discussing requirements with the client and other professionals.
- Providing complete design calculations in both civil and structural functions.
- Undertaking technical and feasibility studies and site investigations.
- Assessing the potential risks of specific projects, as well as undertaking risk management in specialist roles.
- Managing design/project change, as the client may change their mind about the design, and ensuring relevant parties are notified of changes in the project.
- Thinking both creatively and logically to resolve design and development problems.
- Compiling, checking and approving reports.
- Reviewing and approving project drawings.
- Using computer-aided design (CAD) packages for designing projects.
- Adopting all relevant requirements around issues such as building permits, environmental regulations and safety on all work assignments.
Eden Brown is committed to equality in the workplace and is an equal opportunity employer.
Eden Brown Ltd is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy