|Job Ref:||204616542||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||London||City:||London||Address:||Post Code:||WC1A||Salary:||£40000 - £50000/annum flexible benefits||Post Date:||04/10/2016 03:08|
Senior Signalling Design Engineer - Engineering Consultancy |
Location: Central London (Commutable by train)
Salary: DOE + Excellent flexible benefits (i.e. profit reward scheme, healthcare, gym)
As Senior Signalling Design Engineer you will be part of a team responsible for the successful delivery of our design commissions for major clients including Network Rail, contractors (in a design and build context) and other agencies. You will be a technical expert, able to design as well as verify the work of a dedicated team.
As Senior Signalling Engineer you will be:
* Determining the signalling design requirements from our client brief making sound decisions to produce the right design solution.
* Producing the required signalling design to multidisciplinary design teams on large or medium sized projects.
* Checking the signalling designs and calculations within enhancement and renewal projects.
* Sharing knowledge, best practice and innovation across our business, providing guidance, training and feedback with other related disciplines and skills, locally and across the UK
* Managing your own personal development utilizing our in house and external training opportunities, with the freedom to work independently.
* Mentoring junior staff as part of a strong development culture across our business.
* Experienced within complex signalling design/multidisciplinary projects with an underpinning knowledge of signalling design and interlocking principles, standards, components, and fabrication methods.
* Substantial hands-on experience of production of outline and detailed signalling principles design and calculations.
* Experience of RRI, mechanical or SSI systems, ideally all three.
* Knowledge of railway systems, and the key interactions between other railway assets, and with railway operating practices.
* Competent in the use of signalling software packages (Plans, Gwire, etc.)
* Possess an Engineering qualification HND or above.
* IRSE licence Signalling Principles Designer category 1.1.550 and ideally Signalling design verifier 1.1.160
* Ideally, an associate member of the IRSE and an Incorporated Engineer
Rewards and Benefits
* Work for a leading Consultancy with a range of small and major projects across the UK and internationally.
* Supportive, collaborative and flexible working environment.
* Competitive salary at all levels, combined with one of the best benefit packages in the sector
You must be living and authorised to work in the UK to apply for this position.
If you are interested in applying please contact Samuel Merry at Resolute Recruit at or call (Apply online only)