|Job Ref:||204616607||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||London||City:||Croydon||Address:||Post Code:||CR0||Post Date:||04/10/2016 03:09|
Mott MacDonald is a leading consultancy advising on the planning, development and ongoing provision of the full spectrum of coastal projects. This is an exciting opportunity to join a UK employee owned company and play a pivotal role in driving the business forward.|
We are currently working across the UK and overseas in the Caribbean, Dubai, Hong Kong, South Africa and India. We have extensive experience in assessing the issues arising at the coastline in order to produce viable, affordable and sustainable solutions. We provide our customers with a range of technical expertise in areas such as Coastal Business Cases and Strategies delivering best practice under the Flood and Coastal Erosion Risk Management - Appraisal Guidance, Coastal science assessments of coastal processes, geomorphology, environmental enhancement, and living shorelines, and Shoreline Management Planning and Integrated Coastal Zone Management.
This position represents a key addition to our well-established coastal specialists working as part of our Ports, Coastal and Offshore Business. The role is focussed on delivering technical excellence, and leading multi-disciplinary teams and guiding projects related to improving the management of our coastlines to successful delivery.
You will be an expert performer working closely with a range of coastal project teams; leading delivery, engaging with customers, developing new business, or contributing technical advice to project deliverables.
Responsibilities are project dependent and include but are not limited to:
- Project Management for a portfolio of projects managing resources, programme, finances, deliverables and commercial matters.
- Leading and contributing to the technical aspects of various strategic studies covering ICZM, SMP, Business Cases and process studies.
- Being fully aware of current UK best practice and guidance for FCERM-AG, managing the delivery of Appraisal from inception to approval
- Being engaged in business development processes from strategic targeting of opportunities, to ongoing customer engagement and delivering tenders to win.
- Mentoring and developing staff through training and performance development reviews.
Essential criteria include:
- A degree in Coastal Science, Civil/Coastal Engineering or Management (or equivalent). An MSc/MEng or MA is preferable
- Chartered with the relevant professional institution
- Excellent experience in successful project management of, and integration within, multidisciplinary project delivery teams
- Good experience in a broad range of coastal strategy projects including ICZM, SMPs, Strategy Studies and Business Cases.
- Being an expert in FCERM-AG Strategic Outline Case, Outline Business Case and Full Business Case, and have a demonstrable experience of success in delivering Partnership Funding for Schemes.
- Experienced in economic assessments and cost benefit analysis
- Knowledge of interacting with coastal numerical modelling teams
- Experience of Stakeholder Engagement Planning, interacting with the Public and Third Parties, organising and facilitating engagement workshops, and being able to disseminate outcomes.
- Knowledge of interacting with environmental aspects i.e. EIA / SEA / AA an advantage
- Knowledge of coastal licensing and consents procedures
- Extensive experience of report writing and an aptitude and desire to further develop these skills
- Experience of bid preparation and business development
- To be well known within the UK Coastal Market and have a strong track record of success and experience with Local Authority and Environment Agency Customers.
- NEC PSC experience required and ECC experience would be a benefit.
- While we expect the role to be UK focussed, experience overseas would be an advantage. There are fantastic opportunities to develop your international experience further covering policy development, ICZM and SMP implementation, and coastal science assessments