|Job Ref:||204616876||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Contract||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Wolverhampton||Address:||Post Code:||WV1||Salary:||£12.00 - £14.00/hour||Post Date:||04/10/2016 03:09|
* To co-ordinate and carry out QC activities applicable to procured and in-house manufactured items.
* Liaising with customers and suppliers on quality/inspection issues.
* Understanding of/and assist with co-ordination of the calibration system.
* The job holder is responsible for ensuring that the accuracy of his/her own work meets the standards set by the Department
* In-house inspection activities both final and intermediate and completion of these activities in line with companies route card and quality plan requirements, ensuring that all relevant QC documents are signed/stamped off.
* Carry out Goods Inwards inspection activities as required, including review and approval of incoming supplier's material certificates and dimensional reports.
* Recording discrepancies and raising Non Conformity Reports as necessary.
* Use of measurement and metrology equipment, for example CMM, shadowgraph, FARO Arm, micrometers and gauges etc.
* Liaise with customer inspectorate and customer quality department on quality and inspection issues.
* Prepare and maintain inspection reports and quality records in line with contract and customer requirements.
* Assist in the control and maintenance of inspection equipment calibration system.
* Ensure quarantine control of non-conforming items during subsequent material review to ensure conformance standards are maintained.
* Take the lead from the PQE (Project Quality Engineer) and carry out or assist with intermediate and final inspection visits prior to supplier material despatch.
* Liaise with PQE to become conversant with the items requiring inspection or testing.
* Generate Surveillance and Final Release reports.
* Represent companies inspection during visits
* Report to PQE the state of their individual interests.
Other Duties/Tasks include (but not limited to)
* Undertake QMS audits when required
* Undertake product audits and patrol inspections
* Undertake measurement tooling audits
* Assist in closeout of NCR's
Essentials for the Role:
* Measurement and Metrology experience including FARO arm and CMM operation and associated software.
* To be able to read and interpret mechanical and electrical engineering drawings and specifications from component level up to complex assembly with regards to geometric features, dimensional and tolerance requirements.
* Knowledge of materials and to be able to understand and validate against associated standards and accompanying certification.
* Have strong understanding and experience with PC software for Word processing, Spread sheets and data bases.
* Develop a sound knowledge of Company and Department procedures and Company Organisation
* Be able to perform routine tasks with timeliness and accuracy.
* Recognize the need to work with and contribute as part of a team and work flexibly when required to meet business needs.
If you are interested in applying for this role or would like more information please contact Lee Elwell on (Apply online only) (Direct Line) or your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Contracts are those of an Employment Business.
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Contracts are those of an Employment Business