Technical Program Manager|
- Partners with business functions to define, determine, analyze, document and communicate the objectives, business requirements and priorities for information systems and solutions; works with application and technical experts on the solution design, implementation, support, maintenance and enhancement of the information systems. Leads the effort, in conjunction with the business to define and document what constitutes business success for large or complex initiatives within a single organization. May work as part of a team on project definition and documentation for initiatives that cross organizations.
- Leads a group of analysts to elicit, analyze, and document functional requirements across the five aspects (process, information, event, socio-political, and location), as appropriate for the complex initiative.
- Elicits, analyzes, and documents non-functional business requirements
- Leads and conducts requirements management activities, as necessary. Seeks out and analyzes information regarding the impact of changes within an organization or between organizations, ensuring that the effects of changes are well understood and approved by all of the appropriate stakeholders.
- Leads and conducts solution assessment and validation to ensure that functional and technical specifications meet the identified business needs within the organization or across organizations
- Reviews test plans and testing methodology to mitigate risks and participates in testing the solution to ensure the solution meets functional and non-functional requirements within the organization or across organizations
- C onducts complex problem analysis and resolution as needed. Acts as a point of escalation for complex, non-routine problems.
- Develops and maintains positive relationships with both business leaders and other functions involved in downstream technical processes
- Coaches and mentors less experienced business analysts
- Facilitation - Basic ability to pull a broad mix of people and related skill bases together for a common purpose and goal. It will often involve ability to influence because people on your team will very rarely report directly to you as a leader. Group dynamic techniques to have an individual or group work through a challenging issue, probe for issues/concerns and drive to consensus.
- Modeling - The ability to represent information following a defined standard, using a combination of graphical and textual elements. The ability to choose the correct type of model for a particular set of information, depending on the type of information to be communicated as well as the audience who will consume the information.
- Requirements Analysis - The ability to understand requirements and trace them back to business goals/objectives. The ability to identify the relationships and interdependencies between requirements. The ability to prioritize requirements based on their relative value, risk, difficulty of implementation, urgency, likelihood of success, regulatory compliance, or other factors.
- Requirements Elicitation - The ability to discover and document requirements from stakeholders using a variety of different methods. The ability to select the appropriate technique(s) for a given situation, depending on the business domain, deliverables needed, time allocated, and the risk involved in the effort.
- Solution Assessment & Validation - The ability to understand and assess proposed solutions in order to determine how closely they meet requirements and if they will deliver the desired business outcomes. The ability to understand the organization, and its readiness, to determine what is necessary to transition to the solution.
- Solution Definition - The ability to articulate what constitutes business success for a given initiative. Necessary elements in the definition include outlining the business reason the initiative is being undertaken, guidelines that are in operation for the initiative, the domain of the solution, and any important context surrounding the effort (for example risks, constraints, assumptions, etc.).
- Organizational Awareness - Understands and works in line with the organization's mission, operations, structure, and goals; understands informal structures and processes of the organization; understands organization-level implications of his or her day-to-day decisions.
- Relationship Management - Creates relationships with new acquaintances quickly and confidently; works to build trust and partner with stakeholders; successfully manages both internal and external relationships (e.g., vendor relationships); is comfortable in a challenger role that, at times, requires building constructive tension in interactions.
- Influence - Applies different approaches to convince others to change their opinion or plan, and wins support from others for ideas; is able to build support with peers without direct lines of reporting across a matrix organization.
- Decision Making - Considers the relative benefits and costs of potential actions to choose the most appropriate one; acts decisively and swiftly; identifies problems and drives toward solutions; takes on responsible roles and accountability for outcomes even when things go wrong; is comfortable making difficult decisions.
Education, Licenses, Certifications
College, university, or equivalent degree in Information Technology, Business or a related subject required.
Our ideal candidate would have these skills and professional experience:
- Lead & support Envision Cummins & Supply Chain (SC) projects at RMEP; Collaborate w/ Envision Cummins & SC-IT - ensure RMEP 5 year roadmap is aligned; Partner w/the following orgs to ensure success of projects. Including: CBS, Architecture, Cyber Security, Compliance/Audit, Corporate Strategy & Planning, etc.; Partner w/RMEP IT Leader supporting local plant team;
- Issue Management - Maintain a cross-functional, cross-organizational project issues list w/prioritization based on the issue's level of importance. Drives resolution & approval of changes to the project plan;
- Scope Management - Solicits & organizes customer requirements (Voice of the Customer) - tracks the status of deliverables;
- Schedule Management - of complex schedules integrating multiple sub-projects
- Resource Plan Management - Develops, manages, & coordinates cross-functional/organizational resource plans for a portfolio, program, &/or project
- Stakeholder Management & Communication - Identifies, engages & manages stakeholders across many levels of the company, Functions & across boundaries. Overcome obstacles/resistance w/ stakeholders
- Project Risk Management - Leads complex/large teams in development of a project FMEA &/or 9-box project risk summary, & identifies & manages the actions to mitigate the risk. Trains &/or mentors others; Experience w/Oracle E-Business Suite Manufacturing, functional ERP exp & SC business processes; Experience w/Manufacturing Execution System preferred
Compensation. Base salary commensurate with experience plus bonus. Benefits. Additional benefits vary between locations and include options such as our 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan, Cash Balance Pension Plan, Medical/Dental/Life Insurance, Health Savings Account, Domestic Partners Coverage and a full complement of personal and professional benefits.
Cummins and E-verify:
At Cummins, we are an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer dedicated to diversity in the workplace. Our policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified persons without regard to race, gender, color, disability, national origin, age, religion, union affiliation, sexual orientation, veteran status, citizenship, gender identity and/or expression, or other status protected by law.
Cummins validates right to work using E-Verify. Cummins will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), with information from each new employee's Form I-9 to confirm work authorization.
Ready to think beyond your desk? Apply for this opportunity and start your career with Cummins today.
Not ready to apply but want to learn more? Join our Talent Community to get the inside track on great jobs and confidentially connect to our recruiting team: company website