|Job Ref:||204616410||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Construction||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||London||City:||London||Address:||Post Code:||WC1A||Salary:||£NEG||Post Date:||04/10/2016 05:36|
Our Client is a fast growing top 10 UK housing and construction company based in London who are looking for an Assistant Quantity surveyor to support a Senior QS. They focus on design, build, refurbishment, finance and regeneration, striving to create economic opportunities for others by transforming and sustaining the local areas.|
As an assistant QS you will support the seniors and Commercial manager to help control all aspects of the commercial, financial and contractual elements of the designated projects in order to control and maximise the company's profitability. The initial focus will be around reporting and minimising cost until the current project has been completed, following this the successful candidate will be asked to apply the findings on a similar regen project that has been secured for spring 2017.
Key responsibilities will include
* To assist the Quantity Surveyor with commercial administration and management on a number of live projects or projects at pre-construction phase.
* General day to day administrative duties.
* Commercial administration.
* Assisting and liaising with the buyers on materials procurement and buying opportunities.
* Management and control of sub-contract accounts and variation accounts.
* To support the Quantity Surveyor in the management the day to day cost control, monitoring and reporting.
Candidates will be expected to have a strong interest in cost management and understand the use of Schedule of Rates, Cost Analysis and Variations. Initially this will be a support role candidates must team in creating reports prior to progressing onto logging repairs independently also have a strong skills in Mircrosoft packages so that they can successfully assist the management.
For this responsibility my client is will to pay between 22K - 30K per annum and support through APC.
If you or anyone you know would be interested in this role please feel free to get in contact with Nathaniel by emailing (url removed) or calling (Apply online only)