|Job Ref:||204620385||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Construction||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Hampshire||City:||Portsmouth||Address:||Post Code:||PO2||Salary:||£12.54/hour||Post Date:||04/10/2016 05:42|
Carpenter Required in Farlington - £12.54 per hour|
Mountjoy is the leading service provider of building and maintenance support across southern England. We have an excellent reputation for delivering flexible, tailored services, including new builds, major and minor refurbishments, alterations, extensions and rolling programmes of works across all building types and in both the public and private sectors.
Due to continued success and growth, we are now looking to recruit an experienced Carpenter to join our Portsmouth City Council team in Farlington.
Reporting in to the Foreman, the successful Carpenter will be responsible for carrying out the work at the right time and ensuring a good quality job is completed efficiently in a safe, clean and tidy way.
Carpenter Key Responsibilities
- Introduce yourself to tenant and show your ID when you arrive on site.
- Using your trade experience you should make a decision on the right repair for the property.
- Diagnose a job fully before starting work, identify the materials you need and other trades that are required.
- Keep the tenant up to date with what is happening ensuring that any additional work is booked in with the Operations Centre.
- Use your skills and experience to carry out a quality job in a safe and efficient way.
- Inform the Operations Centre of the work you have carried out
- Apply sensible Health & Safety in all you do, using risk assessments, method statements and PPE when needed.
This is not a list of everything you will do, above all we want you to be flexible and to contribute fully within abilities to enable Mountjoy to achieve its goals so be prepared to do whatever your job requires.
The ideal Carpenter will be able to display the following:
- NVQ or equivalent in trade specific
- Proven trade experience, ideally in social housing repairs sector
If you feel you have the skills and experience required to excel in the role of carpenter, we want to hear from you.
No terminology in the advert you have seen is intended to discriminate on the grounds of age, gender, race, colour, religion, disability or sexual orientation, and we will gladly accept applications from all sections of the community