|Job Ref:||204617348||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Construction||Job Type:||Contract||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||London||City:||London||Address:||Post Code:||WC1A||Salary:||£17.50 - £20.50/hour||Post Date:||04/10/2016 05:38|
Planning Enforcement Officer - Merton, London.|
Ackerman Pierce are looking for a Planning Enforcement Officer - Merton, to join one of our leading clients based within the Building and Construction industry. This role will be within the public sector in London. The suitable candidate for the major projects/development management team will be responsible for achieving quality planning outcomes and meeting national and local performance targets.
The Planning Enforcement Officer - Merton vacancy will be for an initial 3-6 months with potential for extension subject to internal circumstance and your performance.
In order to be successful for this Planning Enforcement Officer - Merton role, you will need to have had previous experience of:
* To investigate alleged breaches of planning control in accordance with Department's Planning Enforcement Policy
* Liaising with other council departments to ensure consistency of approach
* Appearing as a council witness in the Magistrate Court
* Negotiating remedial action
* Making recommendations as to the expediency of taking enforcement action
* Checking compliance with enforcement notices and prosecuting for non-compliance
* Writing to complaints and offenders
* Attending unaccompanied site visits, including those that involve complex land-use issues
* Recognising breaches of S106 Agreements
* Degree or equivalent in town/urban planning (or relevant aspect).
* 1-2 years' experience working within the UK Building and Construction industry.
* Eligibility to work in the UK.
* Knowledge of S106 and S171 of Town and Country Planning Act 1990.
Benefits of working with Ackerman Pierce:
* Your own personal consultant
* Access to a variety of Public Sector jobs Nationwide
* DBS and Compliance Service
* Quick and Easy Registration Process
* Access to CPD
* Guaranteed weekly payment
To discuss this Planning Enforcement Officer - Merton vacancy and any similar vacancies we have available in the Building and Construction industry in London, please contact Ollie Melton or email your updated CV today