|Job Ref:||204617361||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Construction||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||London||City:||City of London||Address:||Post Code:||WC1A||Salary:||£NEG||Post Date:||10/10/2016 08:56|
Document Controller / Project Secretary |
Up to £35k, PLUS Healthcare & Pension
My client who takes pride in delivering high quality fit out, refurbishment and new build projects are on the lookout for a document controller to join their team on a permanent basis. The role will involve managing all aspects of the day-today running and administration of the project office. To set up, administrate and manage a thorough document and information control system for the project.
It is essential you have 2 years+ experience with BIW / Conject and strong knowledge of document control and construction industry processes / terminology.
* Data input and filing of incoming drawings and other design documentation and copy of distribution
* Set up and configure a document control system, ensuring that it is tailored to suit the needs of the project.
* Help manage the information distribution involved in procurement using the document control system.
* Maintenance of accurate records of all drawings and other construction documents issued by consultants and contractors through each stage of the project.
* Ensure that an effective internal review loop is maintained so that all documents are properly reviewed by the Project Team.
* Ensure that every drawing or other design document is received by the relevant trades and consultants; this involves being a final point check on any distribution marked by the Project Manager or Construction Manager.
* To log, distribute promptly and keep updated various instructions from consultants, clients, project managers etc.
* Liaise with consultants/contractors to ensure that all parties are working to the correct drawings and other design documents, and to ensure that all parties are issuing documents correctly.
* Keep up to date copies of each drawing and other design/ approval documents on site for the use of the Project Team.
* Undertake regular reviews of the system to ensure effective use across the project.
* Document all discrepancies in document issues to trade contractors and professional partners, ensuring that the Project Manager is aware of any discrepancies and that all problems are resolved in a timely fashion by liaising directly with all members of the wider project team.
* General administration (to a high standard), including typing, distribution, copying and filing general correspondence. Documents can range from general correspondence to key project related information.
* When needed binding and collating reports for professional presentations.
* Assisting and arranging key project events such as client meetings, lunches etc.
* Responsibility for diary management and refreshments may also be required.
* Experience of working on a construction site environment (in a similar role) preferable
* Ability to build rapport with project team and wider professional team
* Has a proactive and 'can do' attitude
* 2 years plus experience in BIW / Conject
On offer is to join a respectable company that has a solid name in the industry, if you want to hear more please feel free to contact Paige Wooding at Borne Resourcing