|Job Ref:||204618530||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Construction||Job Type:||Contract||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||London||City:||Woolwich||Address:||Salary:||£40 - £45/hour||Post Date:||04/10/2016 05:39|
Required: Design Manager|
A Design Manager position has arisen to support the implementation and manage the control of the design process to ensure that the design and procurement of specialist packages are delivered to meet project requirements and are in line with cost parameters
To support the Work Winning/Project Delivery teams by providing design input and cost effective solutions
Financial: Varies dependent on size of project
Organisational: Varies dependent on size of project
Internal: Work Winning Team, Business Development, BIM team, Project teams, Estimating teams
External: JV partners, Customers, Designers and Supply Chain.
• Manage the development and implementation of design proposals ensuring they meet customer requirements including budget constraints, presenting proposals for approval to the customer. The design should deliver:
Safety in construction and use
Quality within affordable parameters
Ease of maintenance, energy efficiency with minimum environmental impact
Innovation to meet customer goals and positive impact on the local community
• Manage and ensure effective briefing of the Design Team including M&E elements. This includes, where necessary, the management of any 3rd parties or novated design teams to ensure that they meet all customer specifications, and where necessary, checking the competence and resources of any incumbent design teams or 3rd parties.
• Provide advice and guidance on the "buildability" of the design proposals to the design and construction teams on all packages.
• Liaise with all statutory bodies/authorities as required - such as town planning, building control and services e.g. gas and water.
• Support the Safety by Design & Engineering forum or other similar forums, representing the business stream, as required
• Lead the development and management of the design deliverables programme:
Ensure there is a clear schedule of design deliverables
Report regularly on MEP deliverables progress for inclusion in project reports
Identify issues causing risk or delay to the project
Raise RFIs and other contract documents as required to address issues requiring resolution.
Attend design progress reviews and interface meetings
Lead problem solving and resolution of design issues
Lead gate reviews activities to ensure that they are timely and appropriate sign off is achieved at each project gate to include appropriate communication to Bid Managers and other Design/Work Winning team members as required,
Lead the co-ordination and production of design data, bid deliverables, reports and documentation essential to the project and contractual requirements and report progress against the design deliverables programme
Review Client requirements and review consultant / supplier design deliverables agains t these and Consultant Design Agreement
Develop scope design by specialist suppliers
Review design deliverables as part of an overall review process
Identify and record formally inconsistencies, omissions or other anomolies with design by any party and liaise with commercial teams to ensure that these are raised through the proper channels
• Lead the implementation of the BIM CSUK protocols, including teamwork and collaboration and the management and sharing of data relating to BIM models
• Provide BIM management during the bid stage ensuring the supply chain is fully aware of BIM requirements
• Consider the application of Lean construction techniques in order to save money, reduce waste and optimise construction.
• Ensure that learning and best practice is captured from the bid/project with the aim of sharing it across the business stream and the CSUK business.
• Proactively contribute to the Risk and Value Management process
• Ensure a relentless focus on Zero Harm
• Support the delivery of CSUK's Sustainability activities