|Job Ref:||204618566||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Construction||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Nationwide||Address:||Post Date:||04/10/2016 05:39|
Where can you build for a better society?|
The Southwest business has been operating since 1996 and provides a range of highway maintenance and improvement services to North Somerset Council, Bath and North East Somerset Unitary Authority (B&NES) and Somerset County Council.
We are looking for a Commercial Assistant to join our North Somerset Term Maintenance Contract in Sandford Depot, North Somerset.
* Production and subsequent issuing of Supplier and Subcontractor orders.
* Maintaining a database of Subcontractor records and insurance certification.
* Maintaining a register of orders placed and review periodically.
* Collate statistical data using various software systems which include iPORT, Confirm and SkanWorks.
* Collate, monitor and provide reporting information pertaining to Subcontractor and main contract performance.
* Administer Subcontractor change control procedures.
* Assist in the administration of contract audit queries.
* Assessment of contract costs and valuation of works.
* Provide general administrative support to the commercial team.
We're looking for
* Good general IT skills are essential, ideally the successful applicant will be proficient in the use of Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Word; iPORT and SkanWorks training will be provided.
* A confident communicator orally and in writing to deliver accurate information in a way that meets the needs of the recipient.
* Ability to effectively plan their workload, to maintain a methodical approach and be consistent and conscientious at all times.
* Ability to develop excellent relationships with contacts at all levels - from Subcontractors and Suppliers to colleagues and contacts across the wider Skanska group
Our infrastructure services team delivers projects that maintain and enhance the built environment. Part of that is our work to operate, maintain and improve large parts of the UK road network. Whether you're involved in frontline operational work, design, project management or office-based services, every day you'll be helping to improve the lives of millions of people.
A career with us means you'll have the freedom to develop your skills and leave your mark on the communities in which we work. Our competitive benefits package will help to enhance your life outside work, too.
The UK Government have taken steps to reduce net migration to the UK by limiting the number of overseas workers from outside the EEA coming to the UK for employment. Please note that whilst we are able to consider applications from overseas workers from outside the EEA (who require a Tier 2 (General) visa) we can only employ them if we can provide evidence that there are no other suitable candidates for this vacancy from inside the EEA