|Job Ref:||204618900||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Construction||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Galway||Address:||Post Date:||04/10/2016 05:39|
Vacancy: Quantity Surveyors|
Salary: Neg. depending on experience
3DPersonnel's client is one of Ireland's oldest and most well-known main contractors, they have established themselves as a company with a reputation for delivering high quality sustainable building projects through-out Ireland and the UK. They have a portfolio spanning over 60 which incorporates a diverse range of projects which range from buildings and developments with a value range of €20million to €400million
3DPersonnel's client is currently seeking to recruit a team of Quantity Surveyors to undertake projects in the West of Ireland. The newly assembled team of Quantity Surveyors will be initially be based in the companies head office in the Galway area with a view to be moved onto sites through-out the region.
The successful candidates will have:
* Approx. 5 yrs experience
* Experience with GCCC Contracts
* Experience on projects ranging from €5m-€10m
Roles and responsibilities
* Understand and administer contract terms and conditions and any other commitment to our clients.
* Be fully aware of the structure and form of interim and final accounts, all payment application accounts to be formulated accordingly.
* Carry out premeasure of the contact IFC drawings, equipment schedules and specifications and agree re-measured contract sum with CMT.
* Manage all variation cost items, be it works completed on day works or on agreed schedule of rates.
* Ensure cost for disruption to works outside our controls are recovered with full agreement of the CMT.
* Report in detail as required for the project manager on the commercial status of the project.
* Prepare monthly interim valuations and ensure approval and certification of interim valuations internally and by CMT.
* Have a practical understanding of scheduling and the associated commercial implications. Ensure close collaboration with Planning Engineer regarding accuracy of progress reporting and correlation with monthly payment applications.
* Provide assistance in the selection and appointment and commercial management of the specialist subcontractor engage by the cleint on projects. Ensure subcontractor payment certificates are processed and payments are made per the agreed subcontract and procurement terms