|Job Ref:||204619216||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Construction||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Newcastle upon Tyne||Address:||Post Code:||NE2||Salary:||£40000 - £45000/annum CA + Benefits||Post Date:||10/10/2016 08:56|
How would you like to become part of one of the biggest social housing contractors in the UK? This company has over 100 years experience and is rapidly growing in the North East area, they are looking to add a Construction Manager to their production team. They have previously built over tens of thousands of homes for housing associations and councils, supporting local authorities across the North East. This role will be reporting to the Project Manager and with one of the fastest growing teams in the North East area you can join to become part of it.|
Due to the increase in work and growth of the business the successful Construction Manager will be managing a driven and focussed team in Newcastle the size of projects will be ranging from £8 - 10 million. As the ideal Construction Manager applicant you will have the following responsibilities:
* Strong technical knowledge
* Good commercial awareness
* Managing and monitoring of design development through the pre-commencement period.
* Liaising with Planner the most effective and efficient programme of delivery to provide design, construction, procurement and target programmes.
* The interrogation and integration of supply chain enquiries to establish base costs.
* Monitor and report on planning and building control discharge.
* Ensure that full design information appertaining to the project is available for hand over to construction team prior to works commencing on site.
* Ability to manage teams
* Able to deliver results under pressure
* Organised and motivated Individual
* Capable of motivating others and driving success
* Career driven Individual
What we are looking for:
* Degree qualified preferably in Project Management
* Excellent communication skills
* Strong numerical skills
Previous experience in a similar role for a main contractor or developer within this sector working on projects from site setup to hand over.
Feel free to get in touch with Jacob or Jamie is our Newcastle office if you wish to find out more.
Randstad CPE values diversity and promotes equality. No terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate against any of the protected characteristics that fall under the Equality Act 2010. We encourage and welcome applications from all sections of society and are more than happy to discuss reasonable adjustments and/or additional arrangements as required to support your application.
Candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK.
For the purposes of the Conduct Regulations 2003, when advertising permanent vacancies we are acting as an Employment Agency, and when advertising temporary/contract vacancies we are acting as an Employment Business